Any ideas for a site?

Places to spend cash or learn things!

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

Joacim, I am currently writing guides on how do to things like that now, but basically, read the guidlines on the front page, do a search for the Title of the page you want to create (e.g: "Team Bobblebot") and it will guide you to setting up the page.

Everyone may also find the following guide on how to use the wiki software useful: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Editing

If you need anymore help let me know, and I will try and get those guides written ASAP.

Also, remember to go here: http://www2.bobblebot.co.uk:8008/antwik ... :Listusers and click on your name to write a page about yourself.
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

I did pop on earlier, but got the worst thing ever, someone else editing at the same time! Nothing worse than typing a page full, clicking save and it not letting you.

I'll stick to stuff that other people wont be editing yet, like my own team for the moment.
bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

Sorry Duff, that might have been me, but at least it does answer the question I had about whether it would let two people edit at the same time :)

Of course your all welcome to add your own robots, but don't forget to check out the Wanted Pages List, which continues to grow, for pages that need writing too. If you pick a page from there to start, we are all less likely to clash.
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

When will we be able to upload pictures?
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

When I get the new server with tonnes of space! (Which will be soon :) ).
bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far, we have some very useful information on there now, and the robot profiles category is coming along very nicely!

Still plenty to write though, so if anybody has a spare moment drop by the site and help build up the Wiki. :)
bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

Just a small update...

We will most likely move to the new server over the Christmas holidays, when we have more time on our hands. This will mean that you should hopefully be able to upload pictures by the new year.

Leo - still working on the port problem. Sorry I haven't got going on this a bit sooner but with coursework building up I just haven't had the time! :( Again, something will be hopefully done by the new year, after our new server is up and running.

The Wiki should also load significantly faster than it does at the moment as the new server is easily over 3 times as fast as the old one.
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

Nice, then I can put up pictures of all my robots :)
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

I have updated my home page on bobblebot.co.uk with links to the Wiki. I encourage everybody to do the same (not the homepage obviously, but on your links pages ;) ).

The more people who know about it the better, and the more likely it is to get used/added to.

http://www.antweights.co.uk

New server will hopefully be arriving over the next 2-3 weeks or so.
bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

Good news, over the weekend all your problems will be solved! :D

New server will be online at the weekend, it will be on port 80, so Leo you will be able to reach it, and I will then enable image uploads on the Wiki!