FingerTech Robotics

Places to spend cash or learn things!

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

FingerTech Robotics

FingerTech Robotics

Post by FingerTech Robotics »

Hello builders, my name is Kurtis and I run FingerTech Robotics. I love everything "robot" and made it my full-time career 5 years ago. (Part-time since 2003.)

Some of you may be familiar with our products (I say "our" but it's really just one person) such as tinyESCs, Spark motors, Snap wheels, etc. I'm not posting here as an advertisement so I won't go into detail about products right now. I'm posting just to raise awareness and see if I can be of any help to you. As a builder myself, I have a good idea of what features are wanted in a product, but it's only with feedback from the builder community that they can be perfected.

So this thread is for you all to use. If you have any questions about products, I will answer as best I can. If you wish things about a product were different or better, I'd love to hear it all.

I will start things off by saying that shipping to the UK from Canada is too expensive! I've read through many FingerTech-related posts and that seems to be a big negative factor. In response, I have contacted a number of UK online stores about carrying FingerTech products. Technobots is so far the only one to reply, so we'll see what they decide. Even if they decline, there is the possibility of doing a bulk order with singular shipping, but now I'm getting ahead of myself.

Hope to talk to you all soon!
EpicentrE

Re: FingerTech Robotics

Post by EpicentrE »

It's great to see you on here, Kurtis. I use the TinyESCs in both of my current robots (2-time champion Void and my spinner Zenith) and have just ordered 4 more which I intend to use in my next creations. I don't think the size, weight, or reliability of them can be beaten.

I also had to contact you a couple of years ago as with a problem I'd had with a TinyESC due to bad soldering work (by me), and you were very helpful with letting me know how to work around the issue, so your service is top-notch also.

If you're able to strike a deal with Technobots that would be brilliant, as I often order motors and other miscellaneous parts from there.

Best of luck for the future! :)
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

I've got a pair of finger techs myself and have used them in other peoples robots, they're very good little controllers that I will be using in the future, so I hope they do start selling them at Technobots (I'll put in a good word with Paul Cooper for you :) ).
teamocean

Post by teamocean »

I've been chatting to Kurtis about becoming a distributor for FingerTech and subject to a few details it looks very likely that it will go ahead.

Which components do you guys buy most often and would be the best to stock?

Will
Will Thomas
Team Shock
www.shockbots.co.uk
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

The TinyESC's and the red wheels :P
haz

Post by haz »

ditto. The motors look kinda interesting too.
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

I'd certainly be interested in the ECSs especially if there is a UK stock.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

TinyESCs are definitely the main thing I'm interested in, but might also be interested in wheels in the future if I have a design which calls for them.

The motors are probably too big for ants, but I imagine beetle builders might be able to make use of them?
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
FingerTech Robotics

Post by FingerTech Robotics »

Hey builders! I've got some great news for you guys.

We now have an official UK distributor: Technobots!
Technobotsonline.com now carries a HUGE selection of FingerTech parts including Spark Motors, Snap Wheels, Mecanum Wheels, Sumo Wheels, and of course tinyESCs!

To go along with this news, Technobots is the first distributor to carry the newly upgraded tinyESC v2.4!
Version 2.4 now includes backwards-polarity protection - plugging a battery in backwards will not destroy a tinyESC! There is also now protection on the 5V receiver line so that other BECs will not affect the tinyESC - no need to disconnect the red wire anymore!

So go show Technobots some love! If there are any FingerTech products you wished they carried, post them here and we'll make it happen!
haz

Post by haz »

I saw this the other day and made happy noises. Great stuff.