Re: Team Shock Winter Sale

Post by Anoptimistprime »

Has the any awe shell gone?
I'm an optimist prime
Not a negatron
teamocean

Post by teamocean »

I've been thinking for a while about selling Quake- still not 100% sure as it has been running very well lately coming second in both AWS 35 and 36.

If anyone is interested PM me an offer but I may be up for a swap if anyone is interested (anything considered)

Heres what you get with Quake

HDPE chassis- 2mm base, 4mm bulkheads, 1mm armour
2x 30:1 motors with RobotMarketplace Ultralite wheels
Barrello Ant 150 controller
6ch DSM2 rx (spektrum compatible)
2 cell 180mAh Lipo
Flipper powered by an HS-81 Metal gear servo

Will Thomas
Team Shock
www.shockbots.co.uk
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Part of me wants to throttle you Will Thomas! You've got a robot there that has come second twice (once to another machine of yours) and you want to sell it?! Appreciate what you have and improve it!
teamocean

Post by teamocean »

Dave I completely understand where you are coming from- this little robot has lasted for the best part of 2 years with virtually no changes and has fought Variant and Kwejibo on a couple of occassions with no real damage- even made the final twice (losing both times to A Little Bit of Fail)

However I still enjoy running the Inertias far more at the AWS's as they are more exciting when compared to Quake which seems to quietly make its way through the competition with hardly anyone noticing or caring.

I could improve the current version and there are only a few things I would change but I enjoy the challenge of making ants and all the time the current version is working so well I do not feel inclined to change it as there seems to be only one ant which can beat it consistently. Plus any changes would be difficult as it only just fits in the cube as it currently stands.

I'm going to sit down and have a think about it tonight and see how I feel later.
Will Thomas
Team Shock
www.shockbots.co.uk
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

I keep thinking it was in the final with Inertia for some reason when inertia won, that was actually Dan :P.

FYI, it was once to ALBOF and once to Anticide (in a shell very similar to ALBOF).

I dunno about anyone else but I wouldn't sell any of my robots, even ones I don't use often (IE: FIN, St Jimmy (Although I considered it) ). Its a sort of "I built it, its mine and I'm keeping it" mentality.