Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

haz

Re: pololu HP motors

Post by haz »

does anto use them?
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Andrew I have only seen them on the internet not sure how good they are.
I have no way of measuring the torque but it is all I can do to stop the shaft turning with a pair of pliers.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I was just trying to buy some of the cheap motors from ebay but the seller is away so you cant buy.
After much searching I found this seller with what appears to be the same motors:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190633157962? ... 1423.l2649
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Hercolor/_i.ht ... =283674214
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

I just noticed that Fast Components are selling some of the gearmotors *really* cheap (£4.99 for a PAIR!) through their Ebay shop.
They are described as "seconds" and they appear to have a double-shaft motor which is not entirely ideal. Although, for that price, how far wrong can you go?

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Fastcomponents ... 7675.l2563
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
haz

Post by haz »

Those 430rpm are the ones I used in the old Blitzkrieg Bot. they are alright, but they are 12v so I needed to run 4 cell to get some speed out of them.
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

I have just been looking at Pololu, they are now stocking a range of medium power 'sanyo' style gear motors inbetween the normal and HP models. They also have a selection of HP motors with the motor shaft extended out the back which could be used for encoders.
TEAM GEEK!
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

BeligerAnt wrote:I just noticed that Fast Components are selling some of the gearmotors *really* cheap (£4.99 for a PAIR!) through their Ebay shop.
They are described as "seconds" and they appear to have a double-shaft motor which is not entirely ideal. Although, for that price, how far wrong can you go?

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Fastcomponents ... 7675.l2563
Well if they are the ones Ceri bought, they could go very wrong. He has 2 of these motors (with the bit sticking out of the cap end) and neither work. I also have 4 for a different project of Ceri's and when I hooked it up to a controller at least 1 didn't work. The controller was checked out and given a clean bill of health. So I'd be wary.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I just bought some of the 430rpm 12v ones from ebay that Gary posted about and thay don't appear to be seconds in any way I can see.
I have fitted 4 in my semi autonomous robot and they do 302 rpm at 8.4v and a stall current of around 320 ma.
I got 6 for £18.61 so £3.10 each including P&P so very good value and in just 2 days.
Just saw Daves post as I was posting this all 6 of mine worked what speed were the ones you have Dave.
Psychostorm

Post by Psychostorm »

The same - 430 rpm fast components the lot of them

Well, I can't blame the two motors I tried yesterday in ND - I think I ruined the brush assembly trying to wire cut the spare shaft.

The other one... bad batch?
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Something to report about these motors:

Ceri is working on a new ant and after getting 4 of these motors, only 2 worked, and ceri had bought another 4, and we tried them and had, again, only 2 working. Checked the connections, checked voltage was going to them, all checked out fine, but the motors were dud. These motors appear to be cheap for a reason :P