:Wanted:

Places to spend cash or learn things!

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

terminaldamage

:Wanted:

Post by terminaldamage »

Hi guys,

Hope this is the right place for this. I'm not a frequent poster on this forum so apologies if I'm not following correct protocol.

Basically, I'm after a Supertec Pico servo motor (http://www.modelhelicopters.co.uk/acatalog/7720285.jpg) that is sitting unused or surplus to requirements. Essentially I'm being really cheeky here and looking to scrounge one for peanuts.

I've spent the day butchering my Chaos 2 toy to make it fully radio-controlled and I'm using Supertec Picos for drive. I used to have two but I think one got knacked and thrown away so there's only one wheel on my wagon at the moment :)

If anyone has one available on the cheap (I could cover postage) please let me know here, in a PM, or by email 'lenny_1024@hotmail.com'
It doesn't have to be modified for 360 rotation as I appear to have managed it with a degree of success on my existing servo, but if it is then that's cool :)
Also doesn't need to include servo horns, but if the little screw is with it, that would be a help.

Many thanks,
Jamie

P.S. I just named this as a general 'Wanted' thread so it can be used for other wanted items
Jamie McHarg
RogueTwo Robots
www.rogue-two-robots.vze.com

With great power, comes great reliability.
haz

Post by haz »

terminaldamage

Post by terminaldamage »

Yeah thanks, I was looking to blag one for little cost but I've earned some money for dismantling (read: mindlessly trashing :P) a hut so I guess I should stop playing the skint card and fork out for one :lol:
Jamie McHarg
RogueTwo Robots

haz

Post by haz »

yeah, they dont do servos in poundland should though.... :D
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

I probably have the remains of 4+ picos in my toolbox, I'd have to have a root around and see what I could find. Is it literally just the motor you need?
Last edited by EpicentrE on Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
terminaldamage

Post by terminaldamage »

Hi Scott,

It would be a complete servo I'm looking for; I realise I've worded it as servo motor though in my first post, which is maybe a bit misleading. But yeah, servo motor, pot, control board, gears and casing, the works basically.
If you have enough remains to make a complete one that would be great, but if not, don't worry.

Thanks
Jamie McHarg
RogueTwo Robots

haz

Post by haz »

hope people wont mind me using this thread but i was wondering if any body had some servo bords that i could buy cheeply off them too use as speed controlers for gear motors cheers, haz
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

You should be able to find standard size servos cheap on Ebay like these or maybe second-hand ones at your local model shop (if you have one!)
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

sussex model centre box of random servos?
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

That's where I got mine from! :)
Gary, Team BeligerAnt