Team Fun Monkey Website

Plug your website here

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Simon M

Team Fun Monkey Website

Post by Simon M »

Hi

This is my new site, I've just started on the road, still getting the kit together and using my site to document the build, so will be updating on a regular basis:

See: www.teamfunmonkey.com
muchalucha

Post by muchalucha »

I might be wrong but that charger you bought looks suspiciously like a power adapter , i would be careful charging your batteries as , if it is just a power adapter it will have no feature so stop charging the battery once it is full.
Fight or flight ... ?

...suicide
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

That charger is used for charging reciever packs of Nicads and NiMH's, and thats what he's using, not Lipo's (Which need a special charger)
Simon M

Post by Simon M »

I've just added a videos page, the first video is how to mod a servo for 360 degrees and is off of You Tube. I'll also film some of the stuff I'm doing and will put up on the site.

All I need now is for the polycarb, and the TX & TX to turn up and I can start building.
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Welcome Simon
muchalucha

Post by muchalucha »

good luck , and did you mean rx ? 2 txs are not going to be much use ! :)

Sorry , i thought you where using lipos .
Fight or flight ... ?

...suicide
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Hi Simon M (so as not to confuse you with Simon W!)

The site looks OK, but I think there are some problems with the HTML that Serif Webplus generates and maybe also the way you drive it.

The pages do not render correctly in my browser (Mozilla Seamonkey). The images get in front of some of the text, and some of the text overlaps. It's a real shame as the content looks pretty good so far. Try looking at the pages in as many browsers as possible, and with different window sizes. Seamonkey is a bit left-field, so don't worry too much. IE and Firefox are probably the most important.

Also, you should type paragraphs without any carriage returns so that the browser can wrap the text correctly to fit the screen/window size. If you put any carriage returns inside a paragraph it screws this feature up. Try resizing your browser window to see what I mean.

Finally spell-check and proof read - it seems you have a 5-year-old soon. Maybe so, but I think you mean son :wink:

Sorry if this sounds like a lecture - it's not meant to be! Keep up the good work.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Simon M

Post by Simon M »

Gary

Thanks for the hints and tips. I've never put a web site together before. I'll revist all of those things you've suggested and I'll try and proof read it better. Although, as you know, the eye sees what the mind believes you've written, so a third party is much better at this than the author.

I'll probably go for a complete overhaul at the weekend as I'm too busy with work this week. Also by then, I'll have some more content as the TX, RX and various other goodies have turned up.

Plus I can share some cockups with people!

Simon
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Hi again Simon,

I was wondering how you got into antweights?

Simon
Simon M

Post by Simon M »

Simon Windisch wrote:Hi again Simon,

I was wondering how you got into antweights?

Simon
I was always a fan of RobotWars and used to watch this with my wife and when our daughter was born, she really enjoyed it and then the show went off air. So that was it really.

Then one Saturday morning about 2 years back the show was being repeated on a cable channel and my son who was then three loved it and we started buying toys off of ebay etc., then found that Roaming Robots did live shows, saw one in Portsmouth last year and went to the Guildford show where Razerdave had set up his arena. Dave gave me the 101 wedsite address and this looks so much fun that I've now bought enough kit for 2 bots!

I also love engineering although I've never really made anything and this lloks like something even novices can do with a bit of thought..........I hope I'm right of that score....