Building a heavy

All things HEAV-VY!!

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Additional: The big batteries are not stupid, they are very cool! Just ignore Marco.
Also the reason it didn't failsafe was because we turned the robot on without turning on the transmitter first. It picked up some other frequency and span around on its own. However all the safety features work fine so this is no longer a problem...except for Marco and his toe. Ouch!
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

no robot uses batteries that big theres no point, you only run for 7 mins max, start up to shut down. those batteries are designed for hours and hours of consatnt use if you drop them u can put a weapon on,

i have a linear actuator for mobility use, will shift 3000N (300kg) that i will never use, can be controlled by a small speed controller. If you want that if you can have it for nothing just pay the postage or come and get it although its a bit of a trek from you guys.

I'm not being harsh or trying to put u off just trying to open ur eyes to the fact that its not an entertainment show anymore its bordering on a sport, and as a sport its becoming more and more competitive. Your not the only ones who think theres not much entertainment left in the heavies its a growing fact. But theres better ways to build an entertaining robot than making MDF and polycarb armour wouldn't it be far more entertaining to have a robot was a blatent p*ss take and carried on going and going and didnt get wrecked first time it entered the arena.
I think it would be far more entertaining to see your robot in the arena made of hardox embarressing the serious robots
dont use poly its pointless even the flippers can break poly now let alone an axe or crusher or even a rambot.
for future Refrence Tanto can and has gone trough 30mm of Polycarb (pressure) bent and snapped 12mm Aluminium (4x4) punched through 5mm mild steel and stainless (turbulance and Revolution) and bent 5mm titanium (big nipper)
Please use hardox, cover it in furr or paint it fluresent pink make it a joke that way but but what ever you do make it to last, if it does then u can possibly sell it on when you build a more serious one, or jus keep running it.
Marco Roberts

Post by Marco Roberts »

i will defenetly be hightly interested in it craig. Thanks.
<-=AWS 10 1st and 2nd champ=->
<-=AWS 13 1st and 2nd champ=->
malivoirec

Post by malivoirec »

If you however cannot build one that will stand for anything you could just buy the chassis and make your way up. The best is www.battlekits.com . Also the best price:performance components I have found is the kits on
http://www.robotcombat.com/marketplace_packages.html.

P.S. http://www.imagehosting.com/show.php/38 ... 8.JPG.html

http://www.imagehosting.com/show.php/38 ... 7.JPG.html

Not exactly the usual model girls I am use to in showrooms but i'll take it :o
leo-rcc

Post by leo-rcc »

What the best kit is, is very subjective. The kits from battlekits are very well engineered and thought out, but i still feel magmotors are not good drive motors. There great for powering a disk, but as drive they are way overkill.

Then again, the same can be said on Eteks, right Craig? :)
Best regards,

Leo van Miert.
Dutchrobotgames
Team RCC website
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

i dunno Leo, with the weight distrabuted the way it is on tanto she gets most of her power to the floor ........ espcially now that i have VULCANON tyres <que>

2 eteks + 48v + vulcanon tyres = more grip and power then ever seen before hahahahahahahahahahahaha
leo-rcc

Post by leo-rcc »

We'll see. I really dont see how 48V is going to improve things for you. You better have one heck of a gyro in there. Vulcalon is nice stuff, its like stickytape turned inside out. :)
Best regards,

Leo van Miert.
Dutchrobotgames
Team RCC website
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

well the way i look at it, its alot harder to out push a robot when its stall torque is 1550amps compared to a bosch
leo-rcc

Post by leo-rcc »

That depends on gearing of course, but I see your point.

But a Shrederator or a Megabyte dont discriminate on pushing power. :)
Best regards,

Leo van Miert.
Dutchrobotgames
Team RCC website
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

ha neither does my hardox