Building a heavy

All things HEAV-VY!!

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

i dunno Leo, with the weight distrabuted the way it is on tanto she gets most of her power to the floor ........ espcially now that i have VULCANON tyres <que>

2 eteks + 48v + vulcanon tyres = more grip and power then ever seen before hahahahahahahahahahahaha
leo-rcc

Post by leo-rcc »

We'll see. I really dont see how 48V is going to improve things for you. You better have one heck of a gyro in there. Vulcalon is nice stuff, its like stickytape turned inside out. :)
Best regards,

Leo van Miert.
Dutchrobotgames
Team RCC website
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

well the way i look at it, its alot harder to out push a robot when its stall torque is 1550amps compared to a bosch
leo-rcc

Post by leo-rcc »

That depends on gearing of course, but I see your point.

But a Shrederator or a Megabyte dont discriminate on pushing power. :)
Best regards,

Leo van Miert.
Dutchrobotgames
Team RCC website
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

ha neither does my hardox
maddox

Post by maddox »

1550 amps. The best Ultima car batteries can crank that out.

Some Hawkers do make the same promise.

but the speedo's for that.... BIG Sevcons probably. Thats about it. and those are pure ????????
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

that depends on where you complain too about there not being a controller big enough :wink:
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Let us know how you get on in the states Craig, I'd be very interested
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Marco Roberts

Post by Marco Roberts »

Build Diary 15th april
Well things have been going a bit slow with the heavy. There was some light at the end of the tunnel till I had a bo bo and blew up one of the speed controllers. Dont ask..... Lets just say he took me out by raming into me so I returned the favour. I will invest in new set of speed controllers and will use the remaining speed controller to power the weapon.
Me and dave have decided we dont want to stick brandspanking new speedos in it so we are making a relay box. Now we have apsoutly no problem getting the thing entirely destroyed. The relay box is half finished and I am waiting for a delivery from maplins.
I have bought my self 4 botch 400 watt motors. Many of the people on the fra forum were grabing them and there was only 7 left!!! So I bought some for a future serious compeitor. It only cost me 50 quid. Just need to speak to craig about how i can attach some kind of transmition to them.
I went wondering around my local town of bradford and found heaven. Yes a scrap yard known as the 'Bradford Waste traders'. I was so happy. I looked around and got a few prices. I picked up a very heavy duty peice of steel angle. 5mm thick steel! Its about 1800mm long and cost me a fiver. I love you scrap yard. They had a massive selection of box section for only a tenner a peice. Oh and each peice is 20 feet long! I wanna go back. They had a nice selection of steel pannels as well so we really have the materials we want for the next one.
Delivery list
My welder should be arriving on monday and I will practise a bit
Fail safes for the relay box's will hopefully arrive on wednesday
some time next week some botch motors will arrive

Building plan. Well we have nearly done all the building for this heavy. We are aiming for a aylesbury competition on the 13th. This is farily close to london so we plan to take the robot down on public transport and maybe my sister will take us to the comp in her car. We will compete with the current wooden version and not mind getting destroyed. Infact if anything we want it to be destroyed. Less peices to take back to yorkshire. The next version will be made with a box section frame. We will decide if we want to keep the current wheel chair motors as they are so simple or move to my brand spanking new botch motors and start getting quit serious for the event we look farward to, the uk championship.
<-=AWS 10 1st and 2nd champ=->
<-=AWS 13 1st and 2nd champ=->
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Are you sure you mean botch motors and not Bosch motors.