Rule 3a: Battlebox construction

A discussion forum for proposed changes to the AWS rules

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

BeligerAnt

Rule 3a: Battlebox construction

Post by BeligerAnt »

3a) All battles must take place in a battle box, regardless of weapons being used in the battle (a minimum of 1mm thick polycarbonate is recommended for indirect contact with the robots. For direct contact, a minimum of 4mm thick polycarbonate is recommended).
BeligerAnt wrote:If we are considering an update/rewrite of the rules, I would also suggest an update to the recommendations in rule 3a.
1mm polycarb really isn't enough to contain some of Mr Waller's monsters :o (or many other spinners). I think 3mm should be the absolute minimum for everything except maybe the roof, with 4mm much preferred for all the walls whether in direct contact with the robots or not.
petec

Re: Rule 3a: Battlebox construction

Post by petec »

4mm polycarb is great. 4mm styrene is also fairly strong, although it will crack if hit hard. Anything thinner (plastic or polycarb) is not effective. However, the rule about 'if the arena is in direct contact with the battlebox' is relevant. I would insist on those walls being polycarb or metal...I did mean to put metal barriers around the two closed sides of mine, as much as anything to protect the polycarb.
------------
RobotWars101.org
RobotWars101.co.uk
Antweights.com
Antweights.co.uk
AntweightWorldSeries.com