Who's building?

Like antweights...only bigger!! (Unfortunately dead now...)

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

flimsey

Post by flimsey »

i was plannin to build an antweight but i found out the weight and its pretty heavy so goin for super-ant
TEAM FLIMSEY
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o
P>S GUYS GO TO MY WEB AND FORUM!!
jakeywakeyculi.proboards52.com
www.jakecanmake.com
bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

I think that SuperAnts are being written out of the rule due to a low take up? That was the idea a few months ago.
harveyandpuma

Post by harveyandpuma »

are there gonna be tournaments of superants because i am 12 years old and my antweight might not come out as 150 grams its probably be heavier so what shall i do??? :roll: :roll:
Team Ant-tastic
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Harvey Saunders
flimsey

Post by flimsey »

ye me too im 12 years old and im makin a super so what shall i do if we're stoppin supers...
TEAM FLIMSEY
www.jakecanmake.com
bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

I am not 100% sure that SuperAnts are stopping, however there was certainly a good deal of discussion about it a while back. Some of what was said is posted here: http://www.robotwars101.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=733

As I said, I am not 100% sure so I would worry too much yet. Of course, if you are both building Superants you could both fight against each other? There are also a few SuperAnts left around, but there were never that many to start with.

Somebody who is on the AWS Committee will probably have a clearer idea as to what is going on with the rules regarding SuperAnts.
flimsey

Post by flimsey »

kk thanks a lot got a clear idea now
TEAM FLIMSEY
www.jakecanmake.com
bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

Your welcome. It is probably best to just and wait to see what someone on the committee says as they should be able to clear up the situation around the Supers.
harveyandpuma

Post by harveyandpuma »

thanks we are also twins so we can build our own arena and battle our two robots
Team Ant-tastic
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Harvey Saunders
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

(Since I'm one of the committee members) Superants have been effectively dropped from AWS competitions and are not being actively promoted, mainly due to a very low take-up as Mike said above.

This doesn't mean you can't build one, but there are unlikely to be any competitions for them unless the population increases, and without competitions that is unlikely to happen (bit of a chicken-and-egg situation I'm afraid...)

You mentioned a ?300 budget somewhere, for that money you can easily buy parts suitable for a 150g ant. Check your heaviest components and look for lighter alternatives. Post a question if you get stuck, but read through previous topics first and Google extensively before asking for help.

Remember US "ants" are 454g, so so-called "antweight" parts from US suppliers may not be that suitable for European ants.

HTH
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

You can still build them and fight at Antweight World series, but only at the lunch time I guess.
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!