asus eee pc

Wanna talk about something other than robots? Really?? Can't understand it myself, but if you really want to, do it here....normal rules apply though!!

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

muchalucha

Post by muchalucha »

ok i dont think i was going for the heavy ctagory so whats the next one down, but still i have built a go kart out of wood powered by 2 drill motors and that would just about pull me long when i was nine.
Fight or flight ... ?

...suicide
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

Below Heavyweight we got; Middleweight 50kg, Featherweight 12kg, Raptorweight 6kg, Hobbyweight/Kilobot ~1 Kg and many more under the 1kg line. Correct me if I'm wrong at any of these weightclasses.
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

We always used to have Lightweight as well, which was between Middleweight and Featherweight. Hardly any were ever build though, so I am not sure "Lightweight" is still a category.
muchalucha

Post by muchalucha »

in that case il be going for a midle weight (50KG ) i have given up with the idea of 4 drill motors and gone with two electric scooters with the trimpos wired up to the servos :).

im going to weld them together about half a meter apart and atach castors to the front for the main body of he bot.
Fight or flight ... ?

...suicide
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

I could be wrong, but I don't think that anyone competes with 50kg robots.

Perhaps a featherweight? the weight has gone up from 12kg to 13.6 I believe, and there's plenty of opportunity to compete.

Of course there's nothing to stop you from fighting a 50kg robot in the heavyweight class. I believe that Craig Danby's Tanto is well below 100kg.

Simon

Edit: just checked http://www.fightingrobots.co.uk/documen ... drules.pdf and heavyweights are 55kg to 100kg.
leo-rcc

Post by leo-rcc »

John Frizell competes with the Steel Sandwich for years and years in the heavyweight division with his middleweight.
Best regards,

Leo van Miert.
Dutchrobotgames
Team RCC website
muchalucha

Post by muchalucha »

im really just building it for a sort off of radio control go kart and although i will have great fun smashing stuff up not really intended to fight but if its a gooden i will be fighting it in the heavyweight catagory.

go my two electric scooters from argos reserved for next saturday and have already built the relay based control system and have my brothers old bike in pieces for steel :wink:
Fight or flight ... ?

...suicide
muchalucha

Post by muchalucha »

yay i got the scooters and modified them today,i have put some pieces of wood acros the top to join them together tmporeraly but will be welding them together tomorrow.
Fight or flight ... ?

...suicide
Team Orr

Post by Team Orr »

cool! (':D')