Wii or PS3, or Xbox 360?

Wanna talk about something other than robots? Really?? Can't understand it myself, but if you really want to, do it here....normal rules apply though!!

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

I thought that the ps3 was running 3 dual core processors, one for main processing, one for ploygons and one for physics. Would really like a quad core processor in my PC. Guess i will be waiting....

Mike has a good point, Lan games are more fun with consoles, although 4 people playing BF2 in one room as one squad beats any game i have played on a console.
TEAM GEEK!
petec

Post by petec »

Multiplayer gaming? You haven't lived until you've played four player Goldeneye on the N64 using slaps as the weapon of choice....have you ever tried slapping someone to death!!!! Seeesh!

BTW, just bought a Sega Saturn on ebay...now that's what I call a console...Daytona, Virtua Fighter....*dribble*
------------
RobotWars101.org
RobotWars101.co.uk
Antweights.com
Antweights.co.uk
AntweightWorldSeries.com
leo-rcc

Post by leo-rcc »

To quote Sony's advert at the time (1995):

"If you still want a Saturn, your head is in Uranus."

:)
Best regards,

Leo van Miert.
Dutchrobotgames
Team RCC website
olivers

Post by olivers »

The Saturn was a good console. Not as good as the N64 though.

These youngsters today are all about graphics and HDTV's. They know nothing of playability. Manic Miner, there was a game :)
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Don't start me on nostalgia, I'm old enough to remember some really wierd stuff! :oops:

For instance, the Commodore Pet had Space Invaders programmed into its boot ROM as an alternative to the normal (CPM?) operating system. In 1982 we thought that was really cool!

Of course this was a long time before MS-DOS and the Intel x86 architecture took over the world...
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
leo-rcc

Post by leo-rcc »

I started with a Sharp MZ-800. There was a CP/M for it, bit I only had a 2,8" Quick Disk drive that was anything but quick. Loved that machine. :)
Best regards,

Leo van Miert.
Dutchrobotgames
Team RCC website
petec

Post by petec »

Leo, the Playstation....that was the CD drive Sony built for Nintendo wasn't it? I believe they went back on their deal and then released it themselves...shame they didn't know anything about games :D

Oliver, I agree about the N64, although I think both the Saturn and Dreamcast had a wider range of excellent games.

For the record, my little collection consists of: ZX80, ZX81 (4), ZX Spectrum+, ZX Spectrum +3, Atari 800XL, Apple II, Sinclair QL, Sega Master System, Megadrive, Saturn, Dreamcast, Gamegear, N64, Gamecube, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, Gameboy Advance, DS and a small garage of PCs....actually that's quite a lot, isn't it!!

First machine I used was an either an Apricot or a Dragon (never been entirely sure). I once progammed hangman on a telephone exchange and wrote a windows programme on the ZX80 (which isn't actually able to process instructions and display a picture at the same time!!)
------------
RobotWars101.org
RobotWars101.co.uk
Antweights.com
Antweights.co.uk
AntweightWorldSeries.com
bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

A quote from the BBC News Site...

Current desktop machines have up to four separate cores, while the Cell processor inside the PlayStation 3 has eight. Each core is effectively a programmable chip in its own right.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6354225.stm
leo-rcc

Post by leo-rcc »

petec wrote:Leo, the Playstation....that was the CD drive Sony built for Nintendo wasn't it? I believe they went back on their deal and then released it themselves...shame they didn't know anything about games :D
In all honesty, on paper the Saturn was the better machine. But when it came to good games, the Playstation had far more good titles then the Saturn did.

Nintendo did not have a clue. If it wasn't for mario, donkey kong and most importantly zelda and final fantasy, they would have gone belly up a long time ago.
Best regards,

Leo van Miert.
Dutchrobotgames
Team RCC website
olivers

Post by olivers »

I started with an 8086.

Then ZX80, ZX Spectrum 128, Atari ST, SNES (at uni), Dreamcast, Gamecube, Gameboy, Gameboy Advance, DS, DS Lite, PSP, lots of PC's, laptop. And a Wii.

I loved the Dreamcast. Metropolis Street Racer still rates with Project Gotham 3. House of the Dead with the light gun.