54g helicopter

Wanna talk about something other than robots? Really?? Can't understand it myself, but if you really want to, do it here....normal rules apply though!!

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

olivers

54g helicopter

Post by olivers »

http://www.sussex-model-centre.co.uk/sh ... p?id=19755

This is very nice but is far too complicated for a beginner. Gives us 150g antweights something to aim for. Makes the fleaweights look heavy by comparison.

Lets say 4g servos with 4g worth of Lipo batt, 4g for Rx and 1g for wheels. So is 17g achieveable? 20g would be a good value to aim for.
josh

Post by josh »

id be interested in a 20g weight limit but would there be a size limit?
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

That little car I brought to RRC9 was 18g (It's now up to 22g). So, you're talking mega-small there. And I wouldnt expect much of a fight, basically two of 'em run around until one falls off the edge.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Totally mis-read this topic, and thought you were talking about flying ants! I even started my reply :P Nevermind!

As for a 20g weight limit, I think that'd be pretty cool. Although with dudeweights already out there, is there much need? Also, where did this 17g
So is 17g achieveable?
Have you got some sneaky project up your sleeve? I'm fairly confident I could build a fairly decent combat robot within 20g.

But getting off-topic (what this section is for) I did spot that the other day. Looks awesome. I've been toying with the idea of getting a picollo, but judging by the amount of times I've stuffed my planes into trees, I may leave it a while.
leo-rcc

Post by leo-rcc »

I know its a topic bump but I wanted to let you guys know:

Kyosho has launched a 2,4GHz ultralight cessna. The steering consist of a 4 channel TX, and a module of receiver, brushed motor speed controller, 2 wes servos (those sliding ones), and a lipo. The receiver board and speed controller and servos are only 4 grams. The entire plane is 18 grams incl. lipo. In holland these things cost 109 euros (roughly 75 pounds).

Best regards,

Leo van Miert.
Dutchrobotgames
Team RCC website