Computer code writing

Wanna talk about something other than robots? Really?? Can't understand it myself, but if you really want to, do it here....normal rules apply though!!

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Bouncy_Bot

Computer code writing

Post by Bouncy_Bot »

I've been thinking about writing my own programs (like games, security stuff, basic graphic stuff) does anyone recomend a code i should use?

I have all ready downloaded visual basic beta2 an c++ basic beta 2 from microsoft, are there any others i should get?

also, does anyone know any good books/websites/programs that will teach me the code? It would be cool if someone could teach me though.
Nick, Ambitious Ants

"All you have to do, is go up to somebody's house, ring the bell, and say, 'Trick or Treat!' "
"Are you sure it's legal?"
"Of course it's legal."
"I wouldn't want to be accused of taking part in a rumble."
petec

Post by petec »

If you are starting from scratch, I'd recommend VB.Net - in other words what you already have. At the moment, C# and VB.net are about as good as the state of the art. Java is another option, but VB is easier to learn for a beginner.

For books, you can do worse than go down the local library. Alternatively, poke around Microsoft's msdn.microsoft.com you might just find a free book in PDF format..... :-)
------------
RobotWars101.org
RobotWars101.co.uk
Antweights.com
Antweights.co.uk
AntweightWorldSeries.com
tom of technology

Post by tom of technology »

ive got a quite old palm top which you can wright your own programs onbut i am just totaly help less i really dont know what to do (if anyone knows any computer writing stuff pm me )
tom of technology

ive got a quite old palm top which you can wright your own programs onbut i am just totaly help less i really dont know what to do (if anyone knows any computer writing stuff pm me )
tom of technology

sorry about the repeated post
patdied

Post by patdied »

Yea,

You post one year later :lol: .
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Thanks for pointing that out Patdied, I hadn't noticed.

It's called thread-bumping and is an immense irritation to forum moderators (like me) who have to read all this stuff.

Any more of it and I'll start deleting it like it deserves. :x
Gary, Team BeligerAnt