Pepsi or Coke

Wanna talk about something other than robots? Really?? Can't understand it myself, but if you really want to, do it here....normal rules apply though!!

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

which do you prefer pepsi or coke

Poll ended at Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:05 pm

Coke a cola
78%
Pepsi cola
22%
i dont like soda
No votes

Total votes: 9

american roboteer

Pepsi or Coke

Post by american roboteer »

This question has torn people apart for ages which do you prefer Pepsi or Coke

remember that pepsi also makes sierra mist and coke makes sprite and dasani water
josh

Post by josh »

as long as its fizzy im not really bothered but i like the taste of coa cola
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

This is a very big battle between Pepsi and Cola, but I'm gonna tell you the truth:

A bunch of people were asked to test if they liked Pepsi or Cola. They first tested with seeing the coke. Most of the folks liked Coke a cola at the first test. But when they were blindfolded, most prefered Pepsi. Thats the truth!
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
Raizor

Post by Raizor »

THe test was not done blind folded. The tests were carried out by pepsi first and then coca cola tried them later on. Both found the same results around 80% (I cant remenber exactly but near that figure) prefered pepsi.

THe test was as follows:
Two glasses labeled A and B, one had pepsi and the other coke. In front were two boxes one labeled a and the other b under which was the bottle of coke and the bottle of pepsi. THe person would not be told which was which. THey would taste the two and decide either a or b. THey would then be shown what was under the two boxes. As I said about 80% of people prefered pepsi.

This lead Coca Cola to develope a whole new Coca Cola commonly known then as New Coke. However although their initial tests showed that up to 75% of people prefered new coke, there was a huge outburst of emotion with people wanting the "old coke back". So Coca Cola re-released the Old Coke under the name "Coca Cola Classic". For a while both new coke and old coke were available but eventually new coke was not selling and eventually scrapped.

No taste tests have since been carried out which have been as widely publisised as the origional ones carried out by pepsi.
The Irish Guy
Website Hosting:
http://www.dghosting.co.uk
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

Thanks for a better explanation!
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
american roboteer

Post by american roboteer »

i took a taste test recently that prompted me to start this topic. The Diet Pepsi they gave was nice an cool and the Coke-Zero was disgusting luke warm i think that affected most peoples mind i still said coke anyway coke has the crispness that pepsi is watered down a bit
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

My Dad runs a pub, so I know an interesting fact. lol. He used to deal with Coco-cola, who deliver their product as a drink, in bottles. He now deals with Pepsi, which actually comes in saches of syrup and powder, and you mix it up with water and CO2. So, theoretically, if you think Pepsi is a bit watered down, you could mix it stronger.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
petec

Post by petec »

Dave, you can get coke like that - and Virgin cola. If you get use those little self-service dispensers in cafes, then you will be using the syrup stuff....and its pretty minging!!!
------------
RobotWars101.org
RobotWars101.co.uk
Antweights.com
Antweights.co.uk
AntweightWorldSeries.com
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Nothing could beat the coke we had in Germany. It was horrible! Like drinking pure caffine with a teaspoon of sugar in it. Giving that to a bunch of excited school kids proved to be an interesting experiment...
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
starbucks

Post by starbucks »

I can taste Coke every time. We did the testat Warick Castle when Pepsi were having a promotiona day. they had 5 cups of "soda". 4 were Pepsi and 1 was coke. they changed the cups around every hour and asked people to come back. i did it 3 times and got the coke everytime! Pepsi is horrid. yuck!
(*)Our new (well old) forum!

http://compsandcons.jconserv.net