Jaffa Cakes/Biscuits

Wanna talk about something other than robots? Really?? Can't understand it myself, but if you really want to, do it here....normal rules apply though!!

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Jaffa Cakes are they:

A Cake
62%
A Biscuit
38%

Total votes: 21

Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Whats the point in posting "who cares" in a topic that hasnt been posted into for about 3 quarters of a year?? :roll:
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

troll....

But to go back on topic, has anyone seen the site Pimp My Snack?. They have Jafzilla.
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

Oh my god! A 6.5kg snickers bar!
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

Dave26 wrote:
jaffa cakes are cakes, and have gone to great lengths to make it so. this is because manufacturers have to pay more tax on biscuits than they do on cakes. legally they are cakes. tho if you wish to call them biscuits i doubt they will sue you....
This isnt QUITE right, I know the official stats if you want them? No? Oh well, I'll put it anyway.

Manufacturers have to pay tax on chocolate biscuits, but not on chocolate cakes. McVities therefore went out of their way to prove to the tax office that Jaffa Cakes were cakes, and were therefore not allegible for the extra tax. The presented a case in court, that included, bizarrely, baking a 12" Jaffa Cake to prove that it was a cake and not a biscuit (mmm...12" Jaffa Cake...).
The court ruled in favor of McVities, and so, they are, as Revvington put it, legally classed as cakes.
Thank you and goodnight.
Mmm. I'd quite like a 12" Jaffa Cake. Not all in one go though! :D
NAC Robots

http://www.cpax.org.uk/~nick/nemesis/index.html The Nemesis Website.