Smarties Packaging

Wanna talk about something other than robots? Really?? Can't understand it myself, but if you really want to, do it here....normal rules apply though!!

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Should they change the shape of Smarties tubes?

Poll ended at Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:02 pm

Yes
44%
No
56%

Total votes: 9

petec

Smarties Packaging

Post by petec »

Today gentlemen, we are faced with the greatest crisis to hit the UK since they changed the name of Marathon.

They intend to change the shape of Smarties packaging into a hex cross-section rather than a circle. Apparently Smarties tubes are not cool enough....discuss....
------------
RobotWars101.org
RobotWars101.co.uk
Antweights.com
Antweights.co.uk
AntweightWorldSeries.com
Raizor

Post by Raizor »

I believe they should change their tube shape. This is for one very simple reason, When your sitting at your drsc and put your round smatries packet down it keeps rolling away from me, Hopefully then new shape wont.

Also for all you really young folk who dont know what a "Marathon" is, Its now called Snickers!

The one that still annoys me is Opel Fruits!
The Irish Guy
Website Hosting:
http://www.dghosting.co.uk
olivers

Post by olivers »

I've seen the packaging and I can't see a lid which is a shame but the hexagon looks good.

Half the fun with smarties was waiting until you had finished them and using the tube and lid as a missile launcher.
petec

Post by petec »

------------
RobotWars101.org
RobotWars101.co.uk
Antweights.com
Antweights.co.uk
AntweightWorldSeries.com
petec

Post by petec »

Raizor wrote: When your sitting at your drsc and put your round smatries packet down it keeps rolling away from me!
Dude, that's what the keyboard is for on your computer! And if you are really bored, you can put one smartie on each key - or is that just me... :roll:
------------
RobotWars101.org
RobotWars101.co.uk
Antweights.com
Antweights.co.uk
AntweightWorldSeries.com
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

I don't see why they shouldn't change it. it'll be more biodegradable and i looks like they'll be able to cut the entire package from one piece of cardboard.

I used to collect tissue boxes but I'm glad to say that I'm over that sort of obsessive behaviour these days... I hope.

I'm just sad for my mum, she's been collecting the lids for ages and still doesn't have an entire alphabet.
Bigshot team capt

Post by Bigshot team capt »

my friend chews on the lids to save her buying chewing gum. Another friend uses them as plectrums...
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Further proof, if proof were needed, that marketing departments don't know their **** from their elbow! Perhaps I should seek a professional opinion from my brother? (Works in marketing :wink: ) Or maybe life's too short...

Seriously, how do they expect us to make wheels for fleaweights out of the ends of hexagonal tubes ??? :lol:

BTW I loved some of the comments on the BBC site!
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
paul

Post by paul »

it a disgrace! a total outrage!!!! i cant belive u lot are taking this so seriously!!! any way it is the worst thing that has happened since jaffa cakes were insulted earlier this week! i must just like to add im my closing statment is that smarties tubes wouldnt be tubes it they were hexanagal and that they would be hexaganal prisms! so thank you very must nestle for ruining my day! that is all i have to say. now over to you the jury! :lol:
Bigshot team capt

Post by Bigshot team capt »

yeah, but Paul, jaffa cakes are NOT nice! they're all claggy and serve no purpose in life whatsoever.