Roboteering Fails

Wanna talk about something other than robots? Really?? Can't understand it myself, but if you really want to, do it here....normal rules apply though!!

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Team Orr

Re: Roboteering Fails

Post by Team Orr »

erm, lets see...
had Orrion's co2 tank explode in my hands at Aylesbury 2010 while my dad was doing some work, he actually got the worst of it but was still pretty nasty for both of us.
Had pure evil fire its axe randomly whilst i was putting in a new receiver, turns out the RX battery gives it power even with the link removed (all sorted now) the axe arm hit me on the head rather than the axe head (luckily or it could have been much worse) got a nasty bruise and the doctors thought i had a concussion...again, but it wasn't as bad as that
numerous soldering iron burns
dropped a gear motor in ice water we had in our garden and didn't notice, came back when it had began to thaw out and the gear motor was in there frozen solid like a fossil in amber :roll: took it out and it ran ok!
i once vacuum formed a hand mold...the wrong way
had a crusher featherweight that crushed through a PCU...and then the floor of the workshop, needed to pull up the board to get it out and then replace it with a new one after...lol
once drilled through my index finger
had a disk that flew off and embedded itself 3 inches in the door
once broke my other index finger whilst hammering
cut of half my fingernail with a dremel
had a spinner once that randomly span up and i tried to stop the silly dog we have from running right into it and it cut into my hand (the spinner not the dog, although that hurts too) still have the scar...
my friend cut half the way through his finger whilst using an angle grinder

the usual bumps and scrapes

You'd think i was incompetent :lol:
Funny thing is i don't mind, i like this spobby too much! and its opened me up to a whole new group of people
"if it wasn't for Edison we'd be watching TV by candlelight"
Jack Orr
Team Orr Robotics
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

You sound like a walking accident report book!
kickboxer

Post by kickboxer »

having only been new to this i have had only 3 injuries :
soldering and the solder wire getting ot and sticking to my hand.
buffering machine managed to et my arm twisted around it (thankgod it was only turning off)
and worst of all a buffering machine crushing my foot down its as flat as a pankace.

i try to live down these painfull memories
Anoptimistprime

Post by Anoptimistprime »

Just had my first major fail, nearly chopped. The whole side of my thumb off whilst using a blade, it chuffing hurts, in future I'll use a drill to drill my holes no matter how small and insignificant
I'm an optimist prime
Not a negatron
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

Well another one to add to the collection. I have finished 90% of my team for the aws, although not started pneumatic anticide yet. I started by testing anticipation/cataclysm with the 150mm disc. Turned it on and reversed the channels to get the drive working fine. Disc spins up and the right direction. Turned off the tx to pick up the robot to turn it off and whooosh. Disc spins up to full speed vibrates itself off the notebook on the bed, hits the sheets making some impressive holes and flew just past my legs (in shorts...) and onto the floor. I turned the tx on straight away after it spun up and it re connected when it hit the floor.

I was using the rx in an old robot that had the fail safe set high for the servo weapon. I guess I am getting complacent, spinners are not toys... sure made me jump.
TEAM GEEK!
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Had my worst injury from antweights last night, a burn off my soldering iron. It looked quite bad at the time (it went all white) but ran it under a cold tap and this morning it was fine. I really wish I had something more interesting to tell you....
haz

Post by haz »

i burnt myself on a shorting battery yesterday, it actualy kind of cooked my skin becuse it had a litte flame on my right index finger then it started smoking, that hurt :P
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

Not that bad,but after grinding the front of Rim for an hour!,i decided to polish the surface.I had no idea it was that sharp. Twice too! :roll:
The top cut sliced in a good 5mm. Really sore today!
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

Ouch Jim :( the worst I have managed today is dropping a servo gear down the sink drain while modifying servos...

(can someone please remind me why I am legally allowed to possess servos?)
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

Joey wrote:Ouch Jim :( the worst I have managed today is dropping a servo gear down the sink drain while modifying servos...

(can someone please remind me why I am legally allowed to possess servos?)
Ouch Joey. One question springs to mind...
Why were you dismantling servos over a sink!!! :D