Lego Rifle

Wanna talk about something other than robots? Really?? Can't understand it myself, but if you really want to, do it here....normal rules apply though!!

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Simon Windisch

Lego Rifle

Post by Simon Windisch »

bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

I saw that too, it's pretty amazing and obsesive
Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

That puts the problems I am having coming up with an improved elastic powered flipper for flippant into perspective.
haz

Post by haz »

no ofence to whoerever built it but that is quite sad..... :D
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

Aye I saw this too (as a follower of three lego blogs & two geek-related blogs I'd have trouble not seeing it), it's awesome.

Also, I think the vast majority of people would think we were 'sad' for building combat robots, so each to his own. Us geeks should stick together, not judge each other for our chosen type of geekitude!

I love following complex mechanical lego creations, and it's something I'm looking to get more into in the future, since I bought an NXT and havn't done anything with it yet, not to mention my RIS, 5-6 odd old-style motors and 5 PF motors that I have. Just need to buy an IRLink so they can all communicate with each other and think of some giant crazy awesome robotics project to build with them all

While I'm in here, take a look at this. 32 NXTs, around $30,000 worth of stuff, and took 4 people about a year to create. More information can be found here.
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Awesomely awesome.

Simon
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

On the subject, This guy made a lego Bugatti veyron with working gearbox, brakes, air brake and convertible roof. It's not huge but none the less cool.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHWDSnWk2jU
Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

By the way scott are you refering to "Geekologie"?
Jonathan Atkinson
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

Yes Jonathan :P
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

Yay :D
Jonathan Atkinson