Rivals

Wanna talk about something other than robots? Really?? Can't understand it myself, but if you really want to, do it here....normal rules apply though!!

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

bitternboy

Rivals

Post by bitternboy »

Who would you say your robots are rivaled by? Simple question.
For instance: Robot of the Opera's rival would probably be Terrorizer for obvious reasons.
a) It won a close contest for the non-spinner title at RRC and with a mix of skill and luck.
b) It is of the same type with small differences that give it small but significantly different style (the start of a good grudge)

Anti-socialant also has the potential to be a rival but since the has been no conflict between the two I cannot tell.
Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

I would say my rival is probably Dynamite and Variant, both I've found very hard to beat and come off the worst for it in Variants case.

Fast Dalek is somewhat of a bogey robot as well, I keep loosing to it when it really matters.
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

Flippt!'s would be Private Iron/General Mayhem (cant remember which one), Ant Awe and Dynamite (even though we are even).
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

Anticide really doesn't do well agaisnt flippt! (i'll get you next time Joacim :wink: ), i also struggle with terrorisor and most fast robots.
TEAM GEEK!
Team Terror

Post by Team Terror »

Terrorizer's rivals are:
Anticide, because I always seem to lose a close fight against it :P
Antisocial Ant, because Terrorizer has fought it many times and it can always go one way or the other.
Dynamite, because they have fought many times and it's always a close fight
Robot of the Opera, because of the RRC 21 non spinner final, as Jonothan mentioned.
Terrior's rivals are:
Kwijebo, because I almost beat it, but I drove off the arena
Anticide, because Terrior has lost every time it has fought Anticide.
TerrorDactyl's rivals are:
Pants because TerrorDactyl started life as a Pants replica, and they fought at AWS 28
Jack Evans
Captain
Team Terror
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

DisobidiANT's rival- criminal ant, they have a constant going battle of win, lose, win, lose.
MANTis' rival- Terrorizer, for the many battles he has lost against him
TruANT's rival- Anticyclonem for the grand wheel destruction
Last edited by alasdair on Mon May 24, 2010 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

I don't think I've got any real rivals - although I suspect Nathan might feel otherwise! - although I have had far more fights against Dead Meat in its various forms than any other robot. It's more of a friendly affair though as since AWS29 I've usually won the fights :P
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

Team Terror wrote: Anticide, because Terrior has lost every time it has fought Anticide.
I can make it a lot easier for everyone-

Anticide, because -insert robot here- has lost every time it has fought Anticide.
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Agreed.

Simon
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

alasdair wrote:
Team Terror wrote: Anticide, because Terrior has lost every time it has fought Anticide.
I can make it a lot easier for everyone-

Anticide, because -insert robot here- has lost every time it has fought Anticide.
Pffft, talk for yourself. Flippt beat him at AWS30 and even at AWS16!
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!