Who are you?

Wanna talk about something other than robots? Really?? Can't understand it myself, but if you really want to, do it here....normal rules apply though!!

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

thebeardedone

Post by thebeardedone »

Team Terror wrote:I must admit I was a little dissapointed to find you havn't got a beard, Beardedone :P
So am I everytime I get up and look in the mirror :cry:
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

Simon Windisch wrote:I'm the tall one

Simon
I prefer this:

Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

You can go off people you know.
nyditch

Post by nyditch »

Well I don't quite feel right at a new forum without introducing myself.

My name's Dan. I've been a builder in California for about 4 years. My first bot I ever competed with was an antweight, and one of few I'm still modifying and competing with, Atom Bomb. It's the drum bot seen in these videos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfdrsYVhwE8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRQ3_bR8Jaw

There isn't a huge antweight following here in the US. Actually, we call 150g bots fleaweight or fairyweight. US antweight is 1-pound, and there's a huge following of those around here. We also have 3-pound Beetleweight. I'm not exactly sure what all of the weight classes are in the UK, but since I'm the foreigner, I'll be using your guys' terminology.

I'm interested to see your bot designs and hope to be able to contribute to the discussion.
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Hey Dan, welcome to the forum :)

Theres not a following of the 1lb American antweights in this country however the 3lb beetleweight catagory is on its way up, check the FRA forum for more details on those, and I'll send you a pic of one of the newest ones that have been built
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Welcome Dan that looks like a good design you have there it would certainly be interesting to see if you in the USA are using the same types of parts and see if your designs are different from ours. I know you use the same weight but do you use the 4 inch cube.
nyditch

Post by nyditch »

Were don't actually have the 4" size restriction here, but I've been trying to cut my bot size down to it. I'm at 4.25" right now, so if I get some thinner wheels, I'll be within the 4" limit - an easy fix.

I'll go over to the ants section; it'd seem more appropriate topic placement.
Team Misfit, California, USA
One of those crazy Americans.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Hello my name is Jonny. i live in england and have been building robots for 1 and a half months now. i've built 2 working antweights so far i am freinds with haz and am in team combat penguin. luckily my shed was built with a workshop in it, although through 12+ years of unuse it was full of junk. but now after a bit of cleaning its great and i got a load of tools inherited from my grandad early last year.

by the way nyditch you can fit the robot in the 4 inch cube diagonally (i think) which means you can have it slightly longer if it is flat.
haz

Post by haz »

sup jonny have made new body for deodorant and is onlly 116g