Gah! MoT time ...

Wanna talk about something other than robots? Really?? Can't understand it myself, but if you really want to, do it here....normal rules apply though!!

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

thebeardedone

Gah! MoT time ...

Post by thebeardedone »

It is that dreaded time of the year again for me and my car. I think I am more nervous at the prospect of my car going for an MoT than I was taking my driving test.

I am doing all the small things that may help me pass but you can never be sure what way it will swing. I don't always trust the integrity of these motor mechanics and, although I can do basic repairs myself, some work is far to advanced for me.

Unfortunately, for me, I had a crash a month back when I hit a sheet of ice and hit a wall. Bumper was split but has since been fixed, but I am concerned that the headlights may be out-of-line.

Still, I will try to get it in on Wednesday, then I will pray that it passes and doesn't cost me too much. :cry:

Rant over,
Regards,
Sam
thebeardedone

Post by thebeardedone »

Well, the old girl failed but its not too bad.

Failed on a headlamp unit and washers 8)

I am taking it back this week for repairs and then she is all good to go.

Regards,
Sam
Adam Hargreaves

Post by Adam Hargreaves »

don't think you could beat the 3 page list of fails i got from my first car... it had everything from 2 bad tyres, no handbrake, 32% braking efficiency, chipped windscreen, washers not working (which was a lie - they pulled the bodgetape off before the test), cracked rear suspension, bad tracking and an earthing fault.

needless to say i'm not driving that car now... though my current car's gonna fail on emissions this year, seeing as it burns a litre of oil every couple of hundred miles or so now...
Team 'In Theory'
thebeardedone

Post by thebeardedone »

Ouch! Sounds dangerous :lol:

I'll tell you what else happened on the day of my MoT ... car tyre got slashed just before my due to start. I was stranded in a village a few miles away without a spare and no breakdown cover. Took me a few hours to get that sorted :roll:

Regards,
Sam