close shaves

Wanna talk about something other than robots? Really?? Can't understand it myself, but if you really want to, do it here....normal rules apply though!!

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Marco Roberts

Post by Marco Roberts »

muchalucha wrote:know what you mean about the fail safes , instead of stopping , when power is lost , 12kg of metal blasts around the kitchen floor . lol
Hmm yes remember that with 100kg..
Turned on Monolith without turning on the transmitter first. Got a random signal and span on the spot, clipping my toes. That was painful. But if it conected a few inches more it would of broken my foot.

Did Mr Lawrie run to my rescue....no....he just sat there as I was rolling around in pain. Rehersing the end of robot wars saftey procedures.

"Building robots is dangerous and should not be done without great care. For more inf....."
<-=AWS 10 1st and 2nd champ=->
<-=AWS 13 1st and 2nd champ=->
muchalucha

Post by muchalucha »

i had the fialsafes to move it to (what i thoguht was neutal) but in fact , when it lost signal it went full throttle , it didnt hit me but it smashed in a piece of the kitchen cabinets , i have since glued the pots on the failsafes to the right postion lol.
Fight or flight ... ?

...suicide
malivoirec

Post by malivoirec »

My overal once was set on fire whan a spark landed on it from cutting metal using a band saw. My teacher still cannot explain why it happened as it was annealed steel and the saw was using plenty of fluid.
Fortune cookie says: Pain is meerly a feeling;
unless its PERMANANT FOREVER.

Fortune cookie no.2 says: Take heed of
Last cookie