The Rolling Stones

Wanna talk about something other than robots? Really?? Can't understand it myself, but if you really want to, do it here....normal rules apply though!!

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Do you like The Rolling Stones?

Yes
80%
No
20%

Total votes: 15

muchalucha

Post by muchalucha »

bfmv are bullet for my valentine
Fight or flight ... ?

...suicide
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

ELO saw themselves as a follow-on from The Beatles, they're rock-Orchestral try http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivFM0pYyUcY for a sample (Livin' Thing).

Of course in my day you couldn't just click to hear new music, you had to basically buy it in the hope that it'd be good etc etc etc.

Simon
muchalucha

Post by muchalucha »

my favorites gota be mr blue sky
Fight or flight ... ?

...suicide
Team Orr

Post by Team Orr »

gotta love these guys :P

http://www.shedmusicuk.com/videos/rainitdown.htm

look familiar? :P
"if it wasn't for Edison we'd be watching TV by candlelight"
Jack Orr
Team Orr Robotics
muchalucha

Post by muchalucha »

omfg , its simon haha , never knew you where in a band . I had a listen to a thousand times , pretty dam good :D .
Fight or flight ... ?

...suicide
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Of course I voted "Yes" :D

Too late, you've got me started...

My teenage years spanned the late 70's - early 80's (showing my age!) and my early childhood was a non-stop diet of Radio 2.

From this I have a fairly(!) broad musical taste spanning the 60's to date. Never did get the hang of Country & Western though...

So, what do I like? Well let's start with the Beatles and the Stones, plus the Kinks of course. Also Motown stuff like Smokey Robinson, Martha Reeves & The Vandellas etc.
I'm also a big Queen fan (saw them live at Knebworth about 1986/7) and to that you can add the likes of T-Rex and David Bowie from the Glam Rock era. (I know, I know Bowie did so much more than Glam Rock!)
Moving on to my teenage years I just missed out on punk, but caught post-punk/new wave, the likes of the Stranglers, the Undertones and Toyah. Kate Bush fits in here somewhere...
The thing that really caught my attention was electronic music, early Duran Duran, early Spandau Ballet and early Ultravox, but mainly Tubeway Army/Gary Numan and OMD. From this I worked backwards to Kraftwerk and Tangerine Dream.
When pop music went horribly wrong in the mid-late eighties I discovered older rock music and the blues - Jimmy Hendrix, Eric Clapton etc
For me, pop came back in the nineties with BritPop and I'm old enough to like Blur and Oasis without having to choose between them!
Current favourites include Lily Allen and the Kaiser Chiefs.

Add to all this a smattering of classical and even folk-rock (yikes!)

Yes, putting my MP3 player on "random" can seriously mess with your head! :D
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
malivoirec

Post by malivoirec »

I seem to have a mixture of music that I like on my ipod (and quite a lot, I have an 8 gig nano and filled it up with music in about 2 days). Most things from Sam and Dave to Anthrax/Public Enemy.

I think I remember youtube had threatened a poster to remove a comment or to have his account suspended. The comment was that the Stones wre nothing more than an Iggy Pop rip-off
Fortune cookie says: Pain is meerly a feeling;
unless its PERMANANT FOREVER.

Fortune cookie no.2 says: Take heed of
Last cookie
muchalucha

Post by muchalucha »

im a personal mac hater but at least the ipods are pretty.
I think I remember youtube had threatened a poster to remove a comment or to have his account suspended. The comment was that the Stones wre nothing more than an Iggy Pop rip-off
i think thats really funny , ive seen mch worse stuff on youtube and youtube havent spotted it or dont care , since google took over youtube its cleaned its act up a bit though.
Fight or flight ... ?

...suicide
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

you should have seen some of the commets made on the Robot Wars Videos, in paticular one from TomBakerIsMyHero tha was disrespectful to the late David Gribble (the driver of Pussycat)
Team Orr

Post by Team Orr »

on my first vid on youtube it almost immediately turned into a argument about whos schools were better...English or American :-?
"if it wasn't for Edison we'd be watching TV by candlelight"
Jack Orr
Team Orr Robotics