It's a small world...

Wanna talk about something other than robots? Really?? Can't understand it myself, but if you really want to, do it here....normal rules apply though!!

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

EpicentrE

It's a small world...

Post by EpicentrE »

I was talking to a friend of mine today, whom I met because he's going round schools in Coventry, teaching bits of robotics to kids, trying to get them interested, trying to get a little course set up for it, etc. He's been helping me a lot with learning electronics and I in turn have been helping him with the mechanical aspects of the robots and other projects we've been looking at building.

Anyway, he attends a lot of micromouse and minisumo events (as well as other autonomous disciplines), and he was telling me about this one guy who's robots are always amazingly constructed, brilliantly engineered, and just all together really well designed. He was describing one of the robots to me as really low, with a slope on the front with all the sensors mounted inside it, and I thought I recognised it.

Yes, it turned out that the man he was talking about was none other than our very own Pete Waller :P.

His name's Garry Bulmer, incase any of you (especially you Pete :P) know him from anywhere. I'm going to try and get him to come to an antweight event sometime in the near future, so he can see the kind of things that we do.
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I have discussed things with him on forums and met him at the Birmingham micromouse competition. He is a real enthusiast and especially keen on getting the younger generation into robotics and there by engineering. I didn't realise there was anyone more impressed with my robots than me and before anyone asks he is not on commission. :roll: