media tablet lipo problems

Wanna talk about something other than robots? Really?? Can't understand it myself, but if you really want to, do it here....normal rules apply though!!

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

muchalucha

media tablet lipo problems

Post by muchalucha »

I like hacking things... and i also wanted a media tablet , you can gues the next bit lol.

I looked at modifying a umpc but it was outa my price range so i did what ive done before and bought a digital photo frame and run linux on it . i got it all builot and it works just lovely , until i came to batteries.

It draws 1.5 A , so i bought some 1200 MaH ni-mh batteries expecting to get about 40 - 50 minutes out of it but not so , im using the corect charger and the batteries are new but i think its pulling more like 2.5 A and i can get 20 mins TOPS , this isnt really much good for watching movies lol. i looked into bigger batteries but nothing better could be achived without having a ridicoulsly lartge battery pack .

So my question is , what sorta money would i be looking at for about a 2500 MaH lipo at 7.4V and a suitable charger that will run from 12V and that is very small .

I live a stones throw from sussex model centre , so if the parts could be sourced there that would be great.
Fight or flight ... ?

...suicide
leo-rcc

Post by leo-rcc »

The Elite 7.4V 2200mAh goes for about 45 usd. I'm sure you can find even cheaper than that.
Best regards,

Leo van Miert.
Dutchrobotgames
Team RCC website
muchalucha

Post by muchalucha »

its the charger thats my problem .:(
Fight or flight ... ?

...suicide