CNC Mill / Router

Wanna talk about something other than robots? Really?? Can't understand it myself, but if you really want to, do it here....normal rules apply though!!

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

olivers

Post by olivers »

Joacim, let me know how you go. I was going to build the bigger one I listed above. Want to mill at least A4 sheets of styrene so need a bigger area. Not too bothered about cutting metal or anything.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I am starting to get the hang of the CNC machine I can even change tools now. What I do is generate two G code files from the same basic drawing for each of the two tools and add a command to go to X=0 and Y=0 at the end of the first. I can then manually adjust the z axis up change the tool and then set the Z back so the new tool is just touching the top surface of the material then run the second G code file. Here are a my latest creations one leg and the spinner for the new Mutant.
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n66/ ... MG0639.jpg
The spinner is made from 5mm Aluminium so it will need some tougher material adding to the leading edges.
muchalucha

Post by muchalucha »

can you buy the motor contoroller? or is it a kit
Fight or flight ... ?

...suicide
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

Just been thinking about retrofitting my mill, what was the name of the company that made the motor mount fixtures pete?
TEAM GEEK!
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

The company is: http://www.frsservices.co.uk/
This system uses the standard leadscrews so is not as precise as those with precision ground leadscrews but it seems to do the sort of things I need accurately enough.

Peter
muchalucha

Post by muchalucha »

could the software be adapted to drive servos through an arduino ? Because my 3d printer is just an x y z servo table at the moment and im really struggling to find software to drive it. If it helps the arduino receives serial comands at 9600 baud stating servo 1 2 or 3 and then the position between 1 and 180.
Fight or flight ... ?

...suicide