Rx and speed controller

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

patdied

Rx and speed controller

Post by patdied »

What does the speed controller do? Doesn't it get signals from the Tx?
leo-rcc

Post by leo-rcc »

A speed controller gets a signal from the receiver, and accordingly it will move a motor in a certain direction. it gives you more control because you can increase and decrease the speed of the motor.

The other option is an r switch and relays to control a motor, but thats more a full throttle off kind of thing.
Best regards,

Leo van Miert.
Dutchrobotgames
Team RCC website
patdied

Post by patdied »

Oh thanks, so you don't have to have it to make the robot run?
leo-rcc

Post by leo-rcc »

if you modify a servo to make them rotate, you can put those on the receiver and you can move without speed controller.

for normal brushed motors you can use speed controllers or switches+relays to activate them.
Best regards,

Leo van Miert.
Dutchrobotgames
Team RCC website
patdied

Post by patdied »

Oh thanks, by the way your robots on the videos place in my other post.
leo-rcc

Post by leo-rcc »

Which one?
Best regards,

Leo van Miert.
Dutchrobotgames
Team RCC website
patdied

Post by patdied »

The one called "AWS 21 Greatest hits" in the antweight section and in the "pics and videos" topic.
patdied

Post by patdied »

Do you need a extra speed controller for a spinning blade weapon? I looked at the speed controller manual and it didn't show a connector for a saw weapon. I looked at the motors for the a saw and it said you needed a special speed controller for the motors. It's really confusing :( . There is a speed controller with a AUX(auxiliary load connection) I'm not sure if that's the connection for the weapon motor.
patdied

Post by patdied »

Oh sorry I just figured it out. The AUX is for the weapon motor. Sorry about that, how stupid of me :roll: .
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

If the weapon motor is a normal brushed motor with just two wires the Aux should drive it. If the motor is a brushless motor with three wires then you will need a special brushless controller. You also need to check that which ever controller you use its current rating in Amps exceeds the stall current of the motor.