Rx and speed controller

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

patdied

Post by patdied »

The speed controller was connected to the reciever upside down so I changed them to the right side up. I'm not sure if that damaged the reciever, hopefully not.

I looked at all the wires and everything was connected.

I bought the speed controller from robot combat. I'm going to try contact them but they never e-mail me back, they have terrible customer service.
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Hi Patdied

Go back a step... Do you have any servos, and a battery between 4.8 and 6V? Try connecting the battery to channel 4 and the servo to channel 1 and seeing if you can remote control it.

Simon
patdied

Post by patdied »

That's a great idea, but I don't have a servo or reciever battery. My second order should be comming soon from robot combat (I accidently ordered 2 of the same orders). I'll try it with thoughs parts. They should be comming anytime this week. In the order is the same speed controller, reciever. I'll tell you when they have arrived. Thanks again for your help.
patdied

Post by patdied »

I got the parts.

Everything works, It was the reciever.

The only problem is the metal chassis. When I put the parts and wires in, the wires touch the metal chassis and screw-up when I turn it on, it makes a loud "beeeeeeeeeee" sound, scary.

Oh well I fix it. Thanks for your guys help.
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Electical tape (or even selotape) should fix that.

Simon
patdied

Post by patdied »

I'm not really sure how :( . I Don't know whats part in the reciever is wrong.
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

I mean that tape should fix the shorting out problem. Just insulate the casing from any bare wiring with tape.

Simon
patdied

Post by patdied »

Oh thanks I just did that, everything works fine now.