Transmitters

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Flippt

Transmitters

Post by Flippt »

Oliver and I had a discussion on the AWS20 thread, and as I dont want to make peaople annoyed with our chit chat in the event part of forum :)

I found this: "1 stop model Shop"

But I dont know about this shop. I dont trust any online shop nowdays, but this is the cheapest I could find for just a Transmitter

I dont think I'll need all 6 channels in a 6exa, so a 4exa is just fine, and cheaper :D

I just need some of your comments for this.
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Joacim
I don't know this shop personally, but I would say it certainly looks like a real shop with a real address and phone number.
Razerdave lives in the Oxford area, I wonder if he knows of it?
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I haven't been to Howes Models since they moved to Kidlington but they were in the centre of Oxford for many years and were a very reputable shop. I assume they are still the same people.
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

I know of Howe's Model shop, went there to get some prices for a TX when I had the mad iea of a HW. Its safe enough Jocaim :)
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

I orderd the transmitter, but it took some time for them to take the money I pt on the credit card.

But When I got my order confirmation by email, some of the letters got messed up, like "?rebro" became "?-rebro", and "Landbotorpsall?n" became "Landbotorpsallén"!

You think it still is enought for it to get to the right address?

EDIT:
Never mind folks, I got it this morning in my mail :D
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Model Shop Leeds are doing the same one for ?42, or for the same price you could get a 6exa. I know its a bit late now, but just to let others know.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I have just ordered a 2.4Ghz system from the US they do look very good and I am getting fed up with Defiant stopping every time it on the far side of the arena next to the oppositions arial. It wouldn't be so bad if it was my electronics but its still running a Futaba receiver and US motor driver. The main reasons were no more frequency clashes and crystal changes and so that I would be legal if I go to the US next year. But having bought all this gear I probably won't be able to afford to go. Are well there is always next year.
leo-rcc

Post by leo-rcc »

The very same reasons i bought my Spektrum DX6. With my feather i have about 500 yards of range before the first glitch (still in control, but starting to stutter sometimes). :)

My heavyweight has a br6000 receiver inside, no arials on the outside, and still i have no problem walking away from it for at least 25 meters, I couldn't check any further because the yard is no longer than that.

The BR6000 is somewhat heavy for some ants weighing 7 grams, but its 2 receivers built into one. I might be possible to get the 3 channel version which should be lighter.
Last edited by leo-rcc on Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best regards,

Leo van Miert.
Dutchrobotgames
Team RCC website
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I have just recieved my 2.4GHz system from robot market place (2weeks)
http://www.robotcombat.com/marketplace_rc_radioDX6.html
I have spoken to a couple of people who use these in robots and they all said that even with metal armour you get good reception. So I have just tried the receiver in a quality street tin with the lid firmly on and judging by the sound of the four servo's it was still working perfectly with the transmitter in the next room. The receiver is a little larger than the hitec feather but at exactly 7gms it is lighter as the feather comes in at 9.9gms with crystal case and arial. I have found some socket strip that I can solder to my PCB so I can plug in the receiver rather than solder it as I have been doing in the past. I will let you know how I get on once I complete the new board and try it in a working robot.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Now I am completely convinced about this system after a simple but impressive test. I placed two 40 MHz transmitters on the bench with the arials two inches apart. I then placed the 2.4 GHz receiver between them with its two receiver arials hooked over the two transmitter arials. With both 40 MHz transmitters on I got no interference or loss of control even with the 2.4 GHz transmitter in the next room. The only problems I have found with the system is the charger is USA 110v plug and I won't be able to use interference as an excuse any more.