Rule Check

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

common sense needs to be applied.
Can you provide some Gary? I appear to be lacking... :P
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
stuart luxton

Post by stuart luxton »

makes sence to me thanks Gary .
Remote-Controlled Dave

Another rule check. Each team is only allowed a maximum of 4 bots in an AWS (3 rollers and a walker). Am I right in saying that 2 people in one team can also form a second team, using another four ants, so long as theyre prepared for the fact that one of one team may have to fight one of the other?
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Raizor

Post by Raizor »

IIRC its 4 robots (3roll + 1 walker) per person, meaning a team could have an infinate number of robots, but the team could have to face each other.
The Irish Guy
Website Hosting:
http://www.dghosting.co.uk
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

In Antweights, "teams" generally consist of one person, with one transmitter. Clearly in this case their robots cannot be drawn against each other!
If you have 2 drivers and 2 transmitters, you can enter as 2 teams with up to 4 (3+1) robots each.
In this case, you will be considered as 2 distinct teams and may be drawn against one another.

Dave, re: common sense: I've just used up the last of my stock - when I get some more I'll send some along... :D
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

If you brought along five friends then you could theoretically enter six teams and 24 robots, but the problem (and also the point of the limit, in m
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Looks like your post got corrupted, Simon...

If anyone brought along five friends and 24 robots I think we would all be amazed! But what's the problem, as long as they all have a transmitter each, different crystals etc etc. They will be independent teams.

There is no restriction on friendships or family ties between teams, but it can cause some long silences in the car on the way home - just ask Mark & Ben's mum!

In the context of the antweight rules, "team" really means "driver plus transmitter, crystals and batteries". You can enter no more than 4 robots sharing any of those things.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Remote-Controlled Dave

Well, I've got enough transmitters and (will have) enough crystals to form another team and enter some more then, and I'll bring along a back-up driver incase I'm drawn against myself. Goodo.
Looks like I'll be busy at AWS18, think I'm sharing Team Bovik's bots with Andrew as well!

Gary: Re: Common sense - Thank you, would be well apretiated! :D
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

What I was going to say was that if you do manage to bring 24 robots then it may be worthwhile thinking about the consequences...

You may have to change the frequencies of each robot before it goes into battle, and you may need to recharge batteries as well.

You may also need to carry out running repairs and/or redesigns as the day progresses.

Will the other "team captains" that you're bringing along be able to pull their weight in performing these tasks, or will it be up to you to perhaps change a crystal on one robot, and repair another for a battle that's due to start now, while recharging a battery of a robot that's due to start a battle in three minute's time?

Just a thought, and I have seen it happen.

Simon
Remote-Controlled Dave

I reakon it's up to the discretion of the person running the teams as to how much work they believe they can take on. I'm not going to bring along so many it becomes unmanagable, but it's up to me to think how many "unmanagable" is isn't it? If I think I can handle the amount I bring, on my head be it.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39