"Pink chompy robot"?

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

DieGracefullyRobotics

"Pink chompy robot"?

Post by DieGracefullyRobotics »

Who built the pink chompy robot that took part in the last AWS? Looked like a flipper but used it as a clamp. Sparkles and eyes. I haven't been able to work out what it was called but it was amazing and I want to rain down praise on whoever did it. Never seen it before.
Dave
Die Gracefully Robotics - Barely Even a Proper Team.
GeorgeR

Re: "Pink chompy robot"?

Post by GeorgeR »

I think that one is Loki, from team Tom's Robots. There's a team thread on the antweight forum.

If you look at the comments on Harry's videos I've been adding one with links to all the fights, so it's possible to look up which bots are fighting at any point, or skip directly to any fights.
Team Zero - AWS 58 Champion!
Zero - rambot - - Axiom - axebot - - Valkyrie - drum spinner
Blueprint - rambot - - Vampire - horizontal spinner - - Particle - ???
RBMK - quad spinner gyro walker - - Duality - dual spinner gyro walker
DieGracefullyRobotics

Thanks George. I never go near the comments though, ha.
Dave
atticp

Post by atticp »

Thanks for the kind words Dave :oops: That sounds like my daughters robot Loki. She came up with the concept for what she wanted it to do, I did the CAD and printing and then gave it back to her for decoration :)
At the AWS I was driving and she operated the weapon, but we are trying to get more practice in before the next competition we go to so she'll hopefully be driving soon :)
It was great fun to fight with and we got a chance to test the question that has worried robot builders for a long time "which is better horizontal or vertical grabber?" :wink: in our fight with Crabsolutely Clawful.
Tom - Tom's Robots
DieGracefullyRobotics

I loved that fight. That fight epitomised the sport for me. And you nearly had a couple of those nasty spinners at one point too. You guys rock.

If you're heading to either of the other AWSs this year can you please bring Angus along? Even if it doesn't compete. Been wanting to see it literally for years, ha.
Dave
atticp

Post by atticp »

If we make it to one of the other AWSs this year I'll be sure to bring Angus along :)
Tom - Tom's Robots
DieGracefullyRobotics

Thank you sir :D
Dave