Tx and RX question

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Paulmchurd

Tx and RX question

Post by Paulmchurd »

Could I have 1 transmitter that is bind to two differnt RX.

I wouldn’t want to control both RX at the same time. However would I have to continually bind if switching between the two.

E.g I could turn robot 1 off and robot 2 on and I could instantly control it

Or would I have to rebind robot 2.

My Rx is bolt underneath all the electronics so I would have to unscrew it all to rebind. Being very annoying.

I have this Cheap Tx
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/fs-i4x-4ch- ... ode-2.html
AntRoboteer

Re: Tx and RX question

Post by AntRoboteer »

In theory, you shouldn't have to rebind each time. I've run over 5 machines on a single transmitter before and never ahd to rebind any of them. The trims may need correcting pre match but apart from that all should be fine. :D
Paulmchurd

Post by Paulmchurd »

Thanks for reply. It works.

My hope is to have 4 transmitters shared between 8 receivers. So we can swap and change depending on what robots are battle what robots.
AntRoboteer

Post by AntRoboteer »

Fantastic! Glad to hear it.
UserFriendly

Post by UserFriendly »

You can bind many bots to one transmitter, but I don't think you can have one bot that is bound to two transmitters even if they are never turned on at the same time.
I would like to know how (if it CAN be done) as I bought 2 controllers, thinking I could fight any two robots at the same time. Turns out, it's not that easy, and have had to rebind if I want to control the bot with the other controller.
Andy B - Team UserFriendly
Reading Cybernetics Graduate 1996
Trying not to take Antweights too seriously. I think I'm failing.
First AWS was 46.
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

It is the receiver that gets bound to the transmitter. Although the transmitter has to send a bind message it doesn't know which receiver(s) are bound to it.

Consequently several receivers can be bound to the same transmitter but each receiver can only be bound to a single transmitter.

If you want to be able to mix & match transmitters and receivers you will have to re-bind (or go back to 40MHz crystals and swap crystals! :o )
Gary, Team BeligerAnt