Powering balance charger

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

coolspeedbot

Powering balance charger

Post by coolspeedbot »

So I have a Balance charger (accrocell 6) https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-acc ... pable.html
currently it hasn't got a long term solution for powering it and I was wondering which of these short term solutions would people say is best.

1) 12v DC plug + crocodile clip cable: basically I had bought a plug for the charger but the size on the connecter was too small but I cut off the connecter and used the crocodile clips provided for the charger to make the connection. Or should I solder the two cables together and put heat shrink over it?

2) use 12v drill batteries laying around.

Also if you have a long term solution I would be most grateful.
James Booth
Team Coolspeedbot

Antweights:
Killer-Wolf (2.0), Bunny-Ears (1.5), Blue-Terror (CAD).
Featherweights:
CSB 1 (retired) CSB 2 (under construction).
MarkR

Re: Powering balance charger

Post by MarkR »

I connected an old laptop PSU to mine, which gives out about 18V, which appears to work.

But there is a cut-off, I think about 20v is too much. I tried another laptop PSU which is about 20v, that didn't work, it just gave a flashing light.
Robots: Betsie - RaspberryPi controlled flipper bot with gyro stablisation - too clever for her own good?
Stacie - tidy flipper; 4wd driven by hair bands