40Mhz Transmitters

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

atticp

40Mhz Transmitters

Post by atticp »

Hi,
It's been about 13 years since I entered my last AWS. I was considering attending AWS52 with my wife and daughter and patching up a couple of my old bots to enter (and probably get destroyed :) ).
I am currently upgrading to using 2.4Ghz but would like to use my old 40Mhz kit for a couple of bots so that I have a couple of transmitters with me on the day.
Is it OK to use 40Mhz kit at competitions, or will that cause problems?

Essentially I'm trying to decide what robots I can enter.

Thanks
UserFriendly

Re: 40Mhz Transmitters

Post by UserFriendly »

There shouldn't really be a problem. I used 25mhz first time round. Some have used infrared too! The only issue would be too many bots on the one frequency, but since 99% are 2.4G, it should be fine!
Andy B - Team UserFriendly
Reading Cybernetics Graduate 1996
Trying not to take Antweights too seriously. I think I'm failing.
First AWS was 46.
atticp

Re: 40Mhz Transmitters

Post by atticp »

Brilliant, Thanks.
I have a couple of crystals on different frequencies, so in the very unlikely event there is a frequency clash I'll be able swap to another 40Mhz channel.
I remember at events there always used to be a board with loads of clothes pegs with the different frequencies written on. Then you would take the peg for your frequency and peg it to the transmitter. You could only use your transmitter if it had a peg on :-) The things we had to do to avoid frequency clashes!
...Now I feel old :-?