Was this a tv series/episode?

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

shangalaing

Was this a tv series/episode?

Post by shangalaing »

Hey everyone, help me out. I seem to remember a series a bit like a car is born/a plane is born but building a fighting robot. If I remember correctly the weapon he wanted was rc rocket cars and there was also a segment on building a (very basic) antweight. Does anyone remember this or have I made it up???
peterwaller

Re: Was this a tv series/episode?

Post by peterwaller »

I remember this also but have been unable to find it anywhere.
I remember Ian Watts built the Antweight live in his garage and then a few of us other antweight builders did battle with it afterwards.
It all happened in Brighton but I can't remember when.
shangalaing

Post by shangalaing »

Thanks! Now I know I'm not crazy :D
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

Was it anything to do with technogames? I have a tape of that somewhere that features the original Scuttle with its legs falling off...
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
shangalaing

Post by shangalaing »

From what I remember it wasn't. It was purely about building And fighting robots
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

No it wasn't part of techogames I remember they came and filmed the antweights at an event held in a school playground somewhere near London (Croydon seems to ring a bell).
The chap who commentated the series had built an Ant with help I think from Ian Watts and he went up against one of my spinners and I think one of Craig Dandby's robots.
I remember doing a little damage and then pushing him out but the chap in charge thought we should carry on so they cut that bit and put him back in until I did significant damage.
I remember when it was screened my saying how cruel I was until I explained.
I am sure someone out there must remember it.