Active Weapons

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

mole55

Active Weapons

Post by mole55 »

Are active weapons a good idea for a first antweight? (Specifically one that can be ready for AWS 49?)
Shakey

Re: Active Weapons

Post by Shakey »

They're a good idea and ones such as lifters/grabbers can be really easily put together using just a servo! Plus there's plenty of time before the next AWS to put antweights together.
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

You won't have a problem; active weapons are rarely much more difficult than 'attach weapon to servo' unless you're doing a spinner. And as Alex says you'll probably learn a lot more doing an active weaponed robot for your first attempt than if you did, say, a parallelogram box... (incidentally, if we met in Renfrew at the filming, hi Riley! if not, please disregard :))
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

active weapons are a great idea for a first robot. most of the ones on my robots are literally just the weapon arms hot glued to the servo horn and i still manage to gain tactical advantages from having them. :) i would highly recommend a grabber by the way, they're great fun, especially if you're a good driver. :)
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
mole55

Post by mole55 »

joey_picus wrote:(incidentally, if we met in Renfrew at the filming, hi Riley! if not, please disregard :))
Hi back! :-)