Rx and arduino problems

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

bitternboy

Rx and arduino problems

Post by bitternboy »

Just a quickie before I disappear back to my normal lurking.
I recently broken an orange rx. Nothing new there, but I wanted to clarify what I got wrong.

Was having a play with an arduino for some more interesting control methods in a robot and so went ahead and connected the signal from a channel on the receiver to an input pin with a 10K pull down resistor. Got the board reading the pulse length fine but it wasn't too long before the rx popped and went dead. The main chip on the rx was the culprate but unsure why. Anyone?
Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
Rapidrory

Re: Rx and arduino problems

Post by Rapidrory »

I had 5 orange rx die during the R&D phase of my ESCs.. almost always because of accidentally getting the power the wrong way round, voltage too high or shorting something to the wrong place, never through just the signal pins of the RX though. I've always found the orange RX a bit fragile; I use LemonRx for development (and well everything else :L) these days as they can handle 10v and getting the power backwards isn't an instant death like it is for the Orange... and they're cheaper :L
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts

Robots: Nuts 2 and many more...

NanoTwo Motor Controllers: https://nutsandbots.co.uk/product/nanotwodualesc
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

I've always found the orange RX a bit fragile
I'm inclined to agree with you on that one Rory.

Do you ship the LemonRx from america then?
Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
Rapidrory

Post by Rapidrory »

they're Chinese... and ships to England in about 2 weeks (I just had another bag of 10 arrive yesterday :L)
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts

bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

Oh, so they are :P

How much import tax do you tend to get hit with?
Jonathan Atkinson
Rapidrory

Post by Rapidrory »

Out of the hundreds of packages I've got from china, I only got import tax on one from Alibaba.com as it was a proper business supplier and the order was around £80...

Orders under £15 don't get charged import tax (or <£40 for a gift), and the lovely people of china tend to put the product value as '£15 Gift' regardless of the contents so you're not going to get any import tax from buying an RX
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts