superlight lifter

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Occashokka

superlight lifter

Post by Occashokka »

As Joey's event will only have low walls and it would be nicer anyway I have been looking at option to make the scoop on baby metal hinged and lift,I have 9g and that has to include mounting and probably ,if a servo, a longer horn, this means bunging in a sg90 isn't possible and I could easily rig it up to work with a motor that creates linear 90 degrees or full rotation I am just stumped for what will fit in the weight and lift an ant over a 2inch wall, this may come to nothing and I may not tget round to it but thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Team Badger
Has a 3d printer now yay
-£4.82+VAT (intact)
-cool modulated printed thingy
-not yet built nasty mean spinnt thingy

I'm gonna build something huge and stupid, try and stop me :P
Hogi

Re: superlight lifter

Post by Hogi »

9 grams is probably a bit of a tough restriction to build an antweight lifting weapon in. could you possibly lose some more weight from the robot?
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
Occashokka

Post by Occashokka »

Umm... I could try but I'm unlikely to get more than 15g grams even if I cover it in holes.
Team Badger
Has a 3d printer now yay
-£4.82+VAT (intact)

joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

I do want to point out it's Rhys's event and not mine :) I do not own an arena, nor have I ever set foot on Welsh soil before...
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
Occashokka

Post by Occashokka »

Oh yea sorry about that one I totally knew that! I've found some 6g srvos on HK that idk if will lift ants ,I would get one but their reviews are hideous
Last edited by Occashokka on Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Team Badger
Has a 3d printer now yay
-£4.82+VAT (intact)

Rapidrory

Post by Rapidrory »

Yeah, You need one with about 2Kg/cm minimum, 1Kg/cm at a push... Hinging the front scoop would probably just require re-attaching it with a pair of cable ties at the back allowing it to pivot without adding any weight. If you can find a way to attach the servo inside so that the servo horn pushes against the scoop and lifts it then it should be possible to do it in under 15g or so...

EDIT: Having said that, these servos are only 4 grams and can just lift an ant when used with a short lifting arm (they're what Alex uses in Sharkbait) https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/sto ... duct=28410
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts

Robots: Nuts 2 and many more...

NanoTwo Motor Controllers: https://nutsandbots.co.uk/product/nanotwodualesc
Occashokka

Post by Occashokka »

But if use what is in sharkbait I would go on a unprecedentedly long run of victories and finish exactly...2nd??

I had a proper look at the chassis and all the weight comes from the aluminium, when I rebuild for aws47 I could save about 15g spare for weapon, but without a rebuild the chassis going to Rhys' event can only afford to lose 2 1pence pieces worth of metal and I think that is only about 3g
Team Badger
Has a 3d printer now yay
-£4.82+VAT (intact)

Hogi

Post by Hogi »

if your using motor mounts you could remove them and cable tie your motors in instead. that works almost as well and should lose you a few grams or so. none of my robots use propper motor mounts anymore for that reason.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)