Weapon help

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

joey_picus

Re: Weapon help

Post by joey_picus »

Depending how much you want to spend, getting a slower servo might do the job too - I had a Futaba S3102 in Arcus which was about half the speed of usual weapon servos (expensive though!) and if you enter the world of sail winches then you can go up to 0.6 or 0.7 seconds, with a corresponding (but largely useless at ant level) increase in torque. That might still be a bit fast for slow lifting forks though ^^;;

I've also been looking at the mechanisms out of micro linear servos (example) and driving them with speed controllers/the H-bridge outputs of Deltang boards, but that might be of limited use outside of nanoweights, and most other proper linear servos are slightly too big...

(HI JIM! did you at least have a book or a sign or something to read? XD)
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

Congratulations Joey!
(No, not a thing!!)
Max

Post by Max »

I found this at school:

Which is a small linear actuator, weighs about 30g and was able to lift a drinks can when I placed it on top of the moving arm. I imagine it could be hooked up to an esc giving you an easy way to go back and forth and even vary the speed.
Perhaps you could get something like that?
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Yeah, they look similar to the things I linked to above Max. Expensive though, and cube limitations.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39