orange transmitter problem

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Hogi

orange transmitter problem

Post by Hogi »

hi guys. hoping for some help. i have an orange transmitter with a bit of a problem. it works fine forwards and backwards but when i try to turn the robot left or right, rather than a single controlled turn movement i get an uncontrolled spin that will only stop if i flick the drive stick in the opposite direction a few times. i've tried resetting it many times and it makes no difference. please help. thanks guys.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
peterwaller

Re: orange transmitter problem

Post by peterwaller »

Sounds unusual are you sure it is the transmitter.
If you can I would try the same robot bound to another transmitter and maybe another robot bound to the Orange transmitter just to make sure where the fault is.
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

it'd deffinitely the transmitter at fault. i've tried binding it to three different robots and every time the same problem occurs. i went into the settings and brought up the channel monitor screen and it showed that whereas all the other channels return imedeately to neutral position when the stick is in the middle, the aileron channel gradually moves slowly from whatever position it's put into back to neutral.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

I'm not familiar with how programmable the Orange Tx is - I think Rory's the expert - but it sounds to me like the channel has got programmed to work as a "retract".

It's a common feature for aircraft where you want a switch to control the undercarriage (retract) up/down, but you want them to actually move slowly (i.e. not to follow the switch input directly).

Maybe the manual will shed some light?
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I was thinking on the same lines but having read the manual online I cant see any mention of a gear mode.
Maybe if you change to a model number you havent previously used and then check with the monitor mode if the aileron is still in slow mode you can eliminate a setting problem.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

If it is a setting problem section 44 of the manual tells you how to reset a particular model to factory defaults.
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

thanks guys. i've tried resetting the models and it's not making any difference. i've got five other transmitters so it's not much of a problem. thanks for your help anyway. :)
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

TeamCrash

Post by TeamCrash »

I know I'm no expert but why not, using the bind plug, re-bind the bot to the transmitter?
Team Crash- Robots:
Crash (Antweight)
RDR (Antweight)
The Not So Grim Reaper (Fleaweight, retired during construction)
Crash XL (Beetleweight, construction phase)
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

yeah i tried that a few times with various different robots. didn't work though. i think it's busted. never mind.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Rapidrory

Post by Rapidrory »

It sounds like it might be a dodgy potentiometer connection; the centre pin of the potentiometer may have a poor joint, meaning as soon as you take pressure off the stick, the high impedance signal line back to the microcontroller is left floating and slowly discharges. It definitely sounds more of a hardware fault than a software fault; I don't know of any program setting that would cause it to slowly drift back to neutral like that..
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts

Robots: Nuts 2 and many more...

NanoTwo Motor Controllers: https://nutsandbots.co.uk/product/nanotwodualesc