Where to get small connectors

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

daveimi

Where to get small connectors

Post by daveimi »

Wabbajack at the minute is mostly built up from a kit I bought, but I'm going through and updating it after mashing it up a bit fighting my nephew's lego robots over Christmas lol. Erm the kit came with a random loom that has a switch and battery connections and then plugs into the receiver. It also has a charging jack thing built in and is quite long as well. It's been a fantastic bit of kit, but I'm ready to make my own suited to Wabbajack. The big question I have is where can I get hold of the tiny 3 pin plugs, hopefully with wires attached, and also the tiny switches and stuff? I've had a look on Technobots but got overwhelmed pretty quick and haven't the time till next weekend. Obviously with people on here building regular the easiest way would seem to be just to ask you all lol.
haz

Re: Where to get small connectors

Post by haz »

Ebay or component shop.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I usually buy something like these for the three way connectors.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Male-to-Male- ... 4d0b96fd96
If you need the full length just cut off one end but if 70mm is long enough you get 2.
Somthing like these for the switches.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Miniature-Sli ... 233f783cae
You can find cheaper but these are UK based so much quicker but if you want more just go to ebay and search servo connectors or small slide switches.
daveimi

Post by daveimi »

Thank you for the replies, I knew there was something obvious I was missing like "servo connector" lol. Have tried pretty much everything else in the search box up until this point.