Botbitz and their code

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

razerdave

Botbitz and their code

Post by razerdave »

Hey folks

I'm not great with coding and such, but I do know the Botbitz TZ85's required a different 'hack code' to avoid failsafing issues on Spektrum gear for featherweights. Does anyone know if a code written for the TZ85 would translate into another hacked controller, like their 10A counterparts for example? My beetleweight Headbanger is having issues with tripping the failsafe, much as the TZ85's have done in numerous FW's.
Rhys

Re: Botbitz and their code

Post by Rhys »

I tried this and it fried the controller. I put the code written by the guys on the FRA forums for the tz85 controllers onto fr20a controllers. There was a pop, it got very hot and never worked again.
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Crap.

Any budding code writers out there able to help a guy out with a valid code?
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Maybe just play with the mixing settings on your dx6i? Isn't the problem due to the dx6i mixer registering throttle inputs of over 100%?
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

If it is to do with the pulse widths being too long or too short you can reduce the range by using the rate adjustment (D/R&EXPO).
If you select this it allows you to set the percentage travel for both the throttle (Elev) and the steering (Aile).
You can set the percentage for each of the two switch positions (0 or 1) of the ELEV D/R switch and the AILE D/R switch.
I think you can also use the TRAVEL ADJ which might be better for you as I seem to remember you drive two stick so need to adjust the throttle channel.
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Sounds like Peter has a good answer there. :)

Generally, you can't just put code for one controller into another. Although they may use the same microcontroller IC (usually either Atmel or Silicon Laboratories), they don't necessarily use the same pins and/or circuits to drive the output FETs. I wouldn't even bank on the circuit being the same on two ESCs with the "same" part number/description. Designs change over time...
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

I have done some TX work and it seems to now be fine, just got to tighten up a wheel to give it a full test without it keep doing J turns on the loose wheel!
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Dave, do you remember what you did to try an get it working properly? I've come up with the same problem on the speed controllers I have for my beetle weight. it's really frustrating, it just keeps shutting down when the tx stick goes into any of the corners.
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

I ended up having to turn the rates down to about 80%.
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Hmm... Mine need to go down to 50% before it stops dying in the corners. Looks like I'm either going to have to drive on the diagonal or spring £50 for a sabretooth. Stupid robots... :roll: