DX6i issues

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Remote-Controlled Dave

Re: DX6i issues

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

And just like that, we bind! (On the second attempt). Thanks Jim and AJW!

Now, I take it that each "model" mode therefore should be bound to a different ant, and I can then make each mode specific to that ant in terms of trims/mixing etc?
Any chance of another idiots guide to doing this Jim?
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

yay!!
thats great,well done everyone,esp Dave! :)
I found that once I got one robot how I wanted it,I just copied that setup to all models,and that saved ALOT of fiddling around.
Then you just need to bind each robot to a different tx model .It gives you a head start,but you will still need to fine tune failsafes/trims etc for each one. :)

Maybe you could copy the model2 setup back to model 1,and try binding again? I assume that model 1 still wont bind???
To copy a models setup to another setup...
press knob.
scroll all the way right to setup list.
press knob.
scroll right to second last entry,"copy/reset".
press knob.
scrool right once to "copy"
press knob.
right scroll to "copy to *" (where * is current model number)
press knob on highlighted number
right scroll so that number changes to required model number.
press knob.
right scroll to sure? no/yes,highlight "yes".
press knob.
wait for a few secs,then tx will beep.
scroll to "list",then to "main".
then select new model,and bind etc etc.

job done.Model name is copied too,so you will need to change that too!
ajw

Post by ajw »

Fantastic! Yes, you can store different settings for each ant in each of the memory banks including trims etc. I found it much easier once you've got one bank done as you can then copy those settings across to another bank and then tweak it to that particular ant. EDIT: Jim beat me to it :D

If you plan to use elevon (delta mixing) which I guess you will, the next think you'll probably come up against is increasing the speed, as the built in mixing limits the outputs to around 50%. There's lots of tutorials on the web to get around this by using the additional configurable mixes - mix 1 & 2, where you can either mix the elevon channel to itself, or as I did setup my own elevon mixing using just mix 1 and 2. See how you get on, you may prefer it as stock as the dx5e which you're used to probably runs like that anyway.
Remote-Controlled Dave

I barely understand any of that mixing stuff, haha.
The DX5 didn't have mixing built in, though most of my robots ran on sabretooths so it didn't matter much. I do have one robot running on 2 scorpians though, which is currently bound to the DX6i and driving on the diagonals as usual. I take it there is some way I can make it so forwards is forwards etc by playing about with the mixing?

Thanks Jim, I'll copy Mode 2 to Mode 1 and see if that will then bind. Then I can work on getting my AWS team fighting fit :D
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

Rubbish video,but quick mixing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNN6YqNkAVE

Will get you on the right track.
Be aware of Andrews comments about the limited outputs though. :)
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

...and if you are feeling adventurous...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ewa79_9 ... re=related

to get full output. :)

EDIT: (see previous post for easy mixing.ta!)
Remote-Controlled Dave

Thanks Jim! I'll give that all a watch when I've got a bit of time. Robot 1 is now bound to Mode 1, after copying Mode 2 across, so all good now at this end. Cheers fellas!
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Remote-Controlled Dave

Jim, those videos helped a treat, and were dead easy to use, thank you.

HOWEVER, new issues.
In trying to bind my third robot, the old problem has returned, though this time much more puzzling. I have 4 more receivers to bind. I have tried 2 of these on Model 3 and Model 4 slots on the transmitter, no binding. I copied across the profile from Model 2 (successfully bound to Robot 2) and neither will bind. I have also tried copying across Model 1 (successfully bound to Robot 1, same receiver as in 3 and 4) and no binding.
Is it worth trying profiles 5-10 just to try and find one that works?
Is it the receivers? (Both Orange ones. Already bound one Orange successfully in Model 1, but neither 3 or 4 will bind to any version of the profiles)
Is it worth trying the Orange receiver in Robot 4, just to rule out whether it is the receivers or not?
Does anyone have any clue to solving this irritating problem? I'm pretty sure its not the transmitter now, as it has bound to 2 robots successfully..
Erm...help!
Dave.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

Bonjourno Dave.
C'est moi! :)

I would take the rx that has bound succesfully to the "model 1" slot,and try and bind it to the "model 4" slot,see how that goes.
If it wont bind to slot 4,then re bind it to slot 1 again,to 100% prove that the rx hasnt broken in between binding attempts.
If it wont bind to slot 4 in the model memory,but will to slot 1,even with the same config,then the rx has been 100% proven to be functioning perfectly,so it can definately not be the rx.
At least then,we can rule that out of the equation completely,and look to other possible causes.
Cheers Jim.
Remote-Controlled Dave

Ok, well the receiver from Robot 1 won't bind to slot 4. I also tried rebinding it to slot 1, but it wouldn't rebind there either. However, it is still connected to slot 1 as I can still drive the robot with it. I have also tried binding receiver 4 to slot 1, where again it doesn't connect but remains connected to robot 1. I really can't see a difference between the conditions when I successfully bound robots 1 + 2 to now.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39