Sabertooth problems

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

bitternboy

Sabertooth problems

Post by bitternboy »

Basically, it flashes... not much else is happening. It's a 2x5a RC one and I can't see much that could have caused it. That battery is plugged in and power is being supplied to the receiver but no response from the motors. Baffled as to why it suddenly stopped working. Any advice?
Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
Shakey

Re: Sabertooth problems

Post by Shakey »

What colour is flashing and how is it flashing?

Is it a very bright light or a bit dim?
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

Blue, so no current problems and it flashes twice every second or so to indicate the 2 Cells supplying the power. What puzzles me is the lack of anything else.
Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
Shakey

Post by Shakey »

Hmm... If the light is very bright it should have signal if it is not that bright it would be a receiver problem. Other then that the flashing sequence sounds alright.

bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

My thoughts exactly. LED as bright as ever.
Jonathan Atkinson
Shakey

Post by Shakey »

It may be best to contact dimension engineering. Even if you end up posting it to them they have very good customer service and will generally fix or replace it at no extra cost. They even do it if it is out of warranty sometimes.

bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

Chances the warranty won't hold under the weight of modifications present. I've used most of the weight saving tricks in the book, shortening wires (which I have checked BTW), removing the base plate etc. all of which I'm pretty sure haven't caused the problem as they've been present a while and it's only just stopped functioning properly. May just have to buy another.
Jonathan Atkinson