spinning disc?

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

haz

spinning disc?

Post by haz »

right i want to make a spinning disc :evil:
but i have no idea how to make one :cry:
im assuming titainiam is the way to go, what grade, what thickness?
can any body make one for me and how much would it cost? i kind of want some thing like truants discs but bigger.
if you can help, please do.
Gizz

Post by Gizz »

For what weight class do you want it?
Yeah it seems most people use titanium or hardox, some of the harder grads, i believe for titanium its grade 5 and hardox 450 or higher.
Im not 100% sure tho.
You could possibly lathe a disc and bolt som teeth on it, otherwise most people seem to get them laser cut or cnc-machined, i suppose several roboteers here got some good contacts who could help you out
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

titanium grade 5 or better, hardox will be hard to get into weight limit (assuming we're talking antweights here). you'll wanna get the disk lasercut, milled or waterjet. you won't be able to make one in a lathe unless you went for bolt on teeth.
andrea.taras

Post by andrea.taras »

Hey haz! I asked something similar here http://www.robotwars101.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1511
Hope it helps :)
Andrea
haz

Post by haz »

cheers mate :D

so can anybody here posibly make me a disc?
kickboxer

Post by kickboxer »

if you ask nicely maybe ill get my dt teacher to make one if you send me the metal and design and whatever else tht would help.
BTW my teacher used to build little robots too , so maybe he could make the disk)