Heating component.

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

josh

Heating component.

Post by josh »

I'm currently looking at tyres and experimenting. It seems heat makes a massive amount of difference to grip a lot more than people suggest. So I'm looking at devising a heating device that will heat tyres between fights rather than the traditional frantic rubbing and keeping robots in pockets.

What I'm looking for is a small electrical heating element to work at 12v that will generate about 30-45 degrees that will obviously be less on the tyre as I will distribute it through a small fan. Does anybody know of a component that would do the job. I considered high jacking a travel hair dryer but they generate far too much heat and at a 240v.
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
widow_twanky

Post by widow_twanky »

you might be best off with a small heating mat like one of those electric blankets. They do tyre warmers for rc cars but they're probably a bit big

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Much-More-MM-CTXW ... 2562594f8d
josh

Post by josh »

I think i will keep an eye out for a cheap one of those on ebay, i'm sure i could salvage the heating component from the cups. I considered cups but beacause i tend to use 20mm wheels and enclose them i felt it was better to have a heated mat or a small hot vent. I will have a look into the heating mats/ hand warmers today, cheers
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
widow_twanky

Post by widow_twanky »

these ones would be the right size. Min Z's are about the same size as xmods so it'll fit quite well
widow_twanky

Post by widow_twanky »