Brushless motor problem

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

muchalucha

Post by muchalucha »

Fight or flight ... ?

...suicide
Team Orr

Post by Team Orr »

i tried the LED thing tom, the ones on the motor didnt seem to flicker at all and the ones on the ESC flashed nice and bright so im guessing its the motor

im thinking of cutting the heatshrink off to see if i can see any breakages, if i find one would it be possible to resolder? failing that il just buy a new one and be done with it...hopefully that will work :-P il bring it along to the AWS

oh and its defo not the ESC rejecting the motor or anything, as its the same setup Dave uses in divinity (i think? has had upgrades)

Thanks
Jack
"if it wasn't for Edison we'd be watching TV by candlelight"
Jack Orr
Team Orr Robotics
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

What I found with those motors is that solder didn;t stick very well, because the wires were enammeled, thats why it came with connectors already, but a little scraping with a stanley knife and I was able to get electrical connection.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

If the motor is not bleeping and you have shortened the wires coming out of the motor then I believe as I said before it is the connections to the motor.
You need to unsolder the connections and make sure the enamel is carefully scraped from each wire before twisting them back together and resoldering them.
josh

Post by josh »

I just ordered a motor from hobbyking and ended up getting another from robot birds that I'm actually using so if your after a new motor send me an email or a pm jack and I'll find the specs for it.
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
Team Orr

Post by Team Orr »

Thanks for the offer Josh, but im sorted; powered it up today to give it one last go before i binned it, wired it up to my new spectrum compatable gear and...it works! im not sure if it was my transmitter or if it was just a random sequence of events, but yeah im happy its working :-D
"if it wasn't for Edison we'd be watching TV by candlelight"
Jack Orr
Team Orr Robotics