Power

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

TheAntTrap

Power

Post by TheAntTrap »

Does anyone knows how many mAh it needs to power a four-wheeled robot?

Also, has anyone had some problems with Sabertooth 2X5 R/C? My problem with it is that the motors just won't stop running. It's however possible to steer the motors a bit, but they won't stop.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

have you tried adjusting the trims on your transmitter?
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

I've used as little as 120mah in my 4 wheeler although it does run down (very) quickly. It's a matter of how much you want to sacrifice weight for the convenience of lengthy periods of time between charges.

I have had a great deal of trouble with the Sabertooth 5A although mine involved decreased speed and trouble turning. That turned out to be a faulty controller even though the website said they couldn't find anything wrong with it.
Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
Gizz

Post by Gizz »

My sabertooth has worked good when testing except for when i push the sticks to the end of the travel then it goes in like 50% speed and stuff :/
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

I wouldn't recommend anything less than 130mA batteries for 4WD, it may not last very long.

As for sabretooths, I've never had any problems, aside from a odd trick where it turns fast one way than the other
TheAntTrap

Post by TheAntTrap »

Jonny wrote:have you tried adjusting the trims on your transmitter?
Yes I have, but what I ment by control a bit was if you for example pull forward, the motor seem to shake more. And it's like this on both channels.

And I have sent a few emails to Dimension Engineering and asked them about it, but all they say didn't help much. They mostly suggested to try Switch 5, or try more power, but none of them worked.

I have asked a lot for some advice to seek it for the errors but they haven't replied in a few weeks now. :-?
TheAntTrap

Post by TheAntTrap »

Just Wonder if a NiMH battery on 7.2V and 150 mah can power a spinner, This is what I want to power.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... roduct=664

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... roduct=656
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

If the spinner motor was say taking 3a which is probably about right when not actually hitting something it would discharge the battery in about 3 mins. On top of that you have the drive so I would say a minimum of 200mah which is what I use.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

i agree with pete, i've used 120 mah before and had the battery drain ridiculously fast
TheAntTrap

Post by TheAntTrap »

Thanks very much guys.